Are you a Benefits Officer looking for permanent work in Ealing or Balham, London?
An exciting permanent opportunity for a Benefits Officer has arisen in Ealing or Balham, London, with Morgan Hunt's non-for-profit client who provide support to individuals with learning disabilities, autism, and mental health support needs.
As a Benefits Officer, you'll be working as part of a small team who are responsible for helping individuals maximise their benefits and manage their money. You'll report to the Benefits and Appointeeship Manager, and will provide support in managing all the differing elements of benefits advice and appointeeship management.
The role offers hybrid working with 3 days working in the office each week and 2 days from home. Other work benefits include:
- Flexible 37.5 hour working week
- 25 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Perkbox - an employee benefits platform for wellbeing and discounts
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme (eligible after 1 years' service)
- 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Hold an extensive knowledge of an array of Benefits including Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support/Reduction, Discretionary Housing Payments, Universal Credit, working and child tax credits, Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA), Pension Credit and Income Support.
- Deal with all types of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support/Reduction new claims and change in circumstances
- Handle Benefit Appeals and Tribunals for Housing Benefit Cases and DWP cases
- Solve difficult matters in a sensitive and caring way
- Review care charges and fairer charging to ensure all charges are correct and are in guidance with National Standards regularly
- Review and maintain records of financial assessments for people they support
- Produce effective letters/correspondence to various external agencies to solve any outstanding issues effectively
- Ensure all challenged cases with DWP and other statutory authorities are followed to achieve maximum positive results
- Give advice and support to people on benefits and other related issues that may raise, ensuring a high-quality service which is responsive and sensitive to the needs of each person
If you're looking for work in Ealing or Balham, London, for a non-for-profit client that providers support to those in need, and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be a Benefits Officer, please contact the team with an up to date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.