Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
CATERING ASSISTANT NEEDED!
Assist in the running of the Cafe and functions at Hampton Pool by providing excellent customer service, preparing and cooking simple but wholesome food and drinks to a high standard; maximise income and customer satisfaction within the Cafe; keep all catering areas clean and well stocked, whilst working on your own or with others.
.Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and cook food such as breakfasts, baguettes/sandwiches or jacket potatoes, as required, following procedures, or inform kitchen staff of any orders made by customers.
- Ensure portion control for orders you prepare or serve.
- Work effectively when alone or with others, to maximise sales and customer satisfaction.
- Serve customers in the Cafe politely and efficiently following approved catering customer standards.
- Be knowledgeable about the food and beverages we sell and communicate this effectively to other restaurant staff and customers, in order to help customers with their queries.
Deal with queries, suggestions and complaints from members of the public, referring to the Catering Manager or Duty Manager as necessary
Food Safety and Hygiene/Presentation
- Display all food and beverages in a neat and appealing way at the service counter.
- Ensure that the, serving area and seating areas are clean and tidy at all times including sweeping and mopping at the end of each shift.
- Ensure the cafe is set up at the beginning of each shift, ensuring all cutlery's and condiments are in place and the serving area is clean and tidy.
- Familiarise yourself with food and drink ingredients especially in connection with food allergies, seeking assistance from chef and senior catering assistant as needed
- Check the float daily before use; cash up at the end of shift, reconcile income with the cash registers and ensure security of income; follow YMCA Cash Handling Policy.
- Maintain accurate receipting and accounting of all monies and credit transactions taken whilst on duty.
- Respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
This role is based in the Hampton area for 24 hours per week. Please get in contact with an up to date copy of your CV to apply.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.