Based at our receptions across the Charity, this role will quite often be the first point of contact for anyone coming to one of our centres and will be responding to a range of queries, providing information and holistic advice.
The post holder will deliver a consistent high-quality customer service, providing an excellent service experience for everyone they come into contact with.
This critical role is incredibly varied. Amongst the usual reception type duties such as providing a telephone switchboard service for the centre, sorting post, logging repairs and processing payments, this role also plays a key part in keeping the building safe.
The job holder will be a designated first aider as well as fire marshal and responsible for evacuating the building during emergencies. They will also be carrying out regular patrols, including wellbeing and safety checks of key areas throughout their shift.
Depending on the site the job holder may also be welcoming new residents, booking in Health and Wellbeing members, deal with complaints and reports of anti-social behaviour or just provide a listening ear to residents, service users and members of the public, reporting concerns or issues as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General Duties (all sites)
- Welcome all persons arriving at the building, providing information on services/ facilities available and pass enquiries on to other staff as appropriate.
- Ensure only those with authority gain access to the building by monitoring the entry to and exit from the building and ensuring contractors and visitors are signed in/out.
- Operate all the relevant IT systems being used (including but not limited to: Pyramid, Gladstone, Inform, parking control systems, etc).
- Operate the telephone switchboard for the site.
- Receive, sort, and distribute post and other deliveries.
- Follow cashing up procedure throughout the shift and do cashing up prior to shift ending.
- Liaise with bodies such as police and other emergency services on arrival at the centre as necessary.
- Responsible for logging of issuing and return of keys.
- Work with cross-departmental staff to provide a smooth-running front of house service.
- Manage the car park as per local arrangements. This may include recording registration number plates and taking payments.
- Ensure that all information displayed in reception is up to date, appropriate, well stocked and well presented (including posters and promotional leaflets).
- Health and Safety Duties (all sites)
- Carry out routine checks of the main public and communal areas ensuring they are welcoming, clean, tidy and risk free (including all floors of the accommodation, health and well being areas, catering facilities and offices as well as all external areas such as car parks and gardens - these should be carried out at a frequency in accordance with local guidance.
- Record any maintenance issues as they are being reported.
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained. Report all infringements relating to Health and Safety or Fire Regulations immediately or as soon as it is practicable.
- Housing Duties (sites with housing services)
- Contribute to the provision of a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) that provides high quality accommodation and housing support which respects individual's lifestyle, experience and culture and is responsive to individual's needs.
- Carry out the administrative tasks required when new residents arrive and vacate the hostel (including allocation and collection of room keys).
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.