Morgan Hunt currently have an opportunity for a Data Engineer to work with our public sector client on a number of Health Data projects.
Salary; £33k - £50k DOE
The role can be performed remotely anywhere in the UK with only 1 day site required per quarter for a quarterly meeting at the office, based in Dundee.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on several research projects within a healthcare setting applying client-focused skills in health data science and engineering. The role holder will work on COVID-19 data, supporting important research into responding to the pandemic.
They will work as a client facing Data Engineer within the Data team, who maintain and operate a clinical e-data repository, containing over 30 years of medical histories. This role is a mix between managing the relationship with our clients/collaborators and undertaking data science/engineering work.
Main duties include;
- Acting as the primary point of communication with clients, managing day to day project progress and ensuring rigorous and timely delivery of tasks, as well as explaining technical processes to clients and supporting them throughout projects
- Working with the information Governance manager to draft technical/governance documentation and data management plans
- Undertaking data mapping and performing data analysis/engineering
- Using clinical data repository to identify and create data extracts for clinical research purposes.
- Routine and ad-hoc data curation activities requiring hands-on development of bespoke data transformation using cleaning scripts in languages such as SQL and Python
- Maintain and enhance security policies deployed to protect unauthorised access to the data, while supporting research and operating in an ISO27001 accredited organisation
- Previous experience working with clients to clarify requirements and independently design technical solutions to meet those requirements, including communicating technical processes
- Experience in ETL techniques, tools (including Python, or similar) and design.
- Experience in cleaning, processing, managing and manipulating of datasets
- Experience of working with health data
- Experience of working in ISO27001 environments/secure environments
- Expertise in database design
- Experience in optimisation and querying
- Experience of working with research data in academia or industry.
- Experience of reporting and data analysis tools e.g. Matlab and R.
- Experience of working with clinical data using ICD, BNF or SNO-MEDCT.
- Experience of working with data standards such as OMOP
- 39 Days Annual Leave
- 21% Employer pension contribution
- Work remotely from anywhere in the UK
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.