Morgan Hunt are recruiting a Senior Finance Business Partner for a London based College. This is a permanent role paying £59,000 with a hybrid working pattern. This role will close on 18th October, as a Senior Finance Business Partner you will be reporting to the Director of Finance.
The role supports the Head of Finance in delivering a Finance Business partnering service to the College. This includes taking the lead in preparing financial reports, financial planning & analysis, and continuously identifying opportunities for improvements. Proactively supporting business leads in identifying and evaluating opportunities through robust analysis, due diligence, modelling & scenario planning. To ensure a professional, customer focused accounting service is provided to management, cost centre managers and students.
Main responsibilities of a Senior Finance Business Partner:
- Manage direct reports within the finance team in accordance with college policies and
- Ensure that direct reports are managed, appraised and developed so as to meet
- Prepare the college and its subsidiaries company annual revenue and capital
- Prepare curriculum budgets using a course file model approach, from the bottom up.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for presentation to the Senior Leadership
- Team and committees.
- Prepare monthly cashflow reports.
- Be a member and lead on occasional project teams where required to provide
financial advice to college initiatives.
- Actively promote the procurement function within the college encouraging best practice with due regard for sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing.
- Train colleagues within the Finance directorate in the use of this software
- To develop data analysis reports for use by cross college managers.
- Manage and complete the year-end financial accounts for presentation to the Director of Finance.
- Be responsible in conjunction with the Director of Finance for the maintenance of all financial procedures at the college and provide advice on the application of these procedures to staff and management throughout the college
- Ensure that quarterly VAT returns are submitted on a timely basis and that all other tax returns and taxation matters are dealt with effectively and in accordance with statutory requirements.
As a Senior Finance Business Partner you would be covering:
- Budgets, Financial Planning and Management Accounts
- Investment Appraisals and college initiatives
- Value for Money
- Financial Systems & Data Reporting
- Financial Accounts, Grants, Treasury and Taxation
- Staff Development
- Financial Regulations and Procedures
As a Senior Finance Business Partner, it would be ideal if you have:
- Qualified accountant (CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW) or Part-Qualified
- At least 3 years accounting experience
- The ability to adopt an Ambitious approach - using Innovation and creativity to realise the College's vision
- Advanced IT skills
- Microsoft Office skills including advanced Excel
- Great interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate to all levels of non-finance staff across the organisation
- Experience working in a Further Education College
- Experience of using computerised finance system
Benefits of a Senior Finance Business Partner include:
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Computer loan
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Continuous Professional Development
- Access to the Colleges Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Discount at the Colleges on site hair and beauty salon
If you are an experienced Senior Finance Business Partner, or worked in roles of a similar nature, then please apply!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.