Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
Morgan Hunt are recruiting for an Employee Relations Manager for a prestigious Higher Education organisation on a temporary basis for 12 months initially. The role is paying £26.32 - £29.49 per hour and is a hybrid role with one day per week in the central London office and the rest from home. The role sits within a busy Employee Relations team of managers, supported by Employee Relations Administrators who all look after a continually varied caseload.
The Employee Relations team provides strategic expertise on employee relations and employment policy matters across the organisation, and owns the central relationship with the unions. The Employee Relations team is rapidly growing and the Employee Relations Manager will work in conjunction with the team of ER professionals to ensure that treatment of employees is fair, respectful and consistent with the policies and values, and act as a source of expertise for the delivery of effective ER solutions.
Duties and responsibilities of the Employee Relations Manager:
- Work with the Director of ER to develop and deliver the ER strategy.
- Manage a number of cases at any one time (capability, disciplinaries, grievances, tribunals, terminations, end of probation), any of which may be complex and highly sensitive, and coordinate the case management process, looking for possibilities to resolve the matter informally, where appropriate.
- Ensure that resolutions are timely, fair and consistent with policies, and achieve a satisfactory outcome for the organisation whilst taking into account commercial factors such as risk of compensation and reputational damage.
- Work with the Heads of HR and HR Business Partners on local ER matters and on engagement strategies, identifying any ER trends and recommend proactive interventions to minimise risk.
- Lead case work with the in house Legal team on employment tribunals and high risk cases and claims.
- Work with the Employment Policy Team to ensure that HR policies, processes and guidance notes are fair, transparent and easy to understand and implement.
- Train and coach Line Managers on ER and engagement matters in conjunction with the HR Business Partnering team.
Person specification of the Employee Relations Manager:
- Significant level of experience and skill acquired in an Employee Relations Manager role (or similar post), with experience of managing and advising on complex ER issues
- Experience of dealing with unions within a complex environment
- Experience of working within a complex organisation
- Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with the ability to convey clear and detailed information with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to work collaboratively with the central and local HR teams - to help all individuals feel that they are part of one team
If you are available on short notice (2 weeks or less) and have both an interest and experience in working at ER Manager level or similar then please apply ASAP! The role will suit someone who is able to manage both variety in complexity and volume of ER cases.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.