Morgan Hunt is working with a reputable public sector organisation to recruit a AWS Cloud Engineer on a 2 year fixed term contract. This role can be worked on a hybrid basis from London.
Working in a team of 4 infrastructure specialists and engineers, this role builds, administers, supports and maintains solutions, with a focus on our AWS environment and cloud security, as directed by the Principal Infrastructure Engineer (PIE) and the Head of IT. At this level, you will:
- Work with the PIE and Head of IT to translate and implement architectural designs into operations
- Recommend security controls, advise on important security-related technologies and assess the risk associated with proposed changes.
- Ensure cloud services are integrated, delivered, secured and operated as required.
- Provide input into overall management - workforce, budget, technology roadmaps, projects and tasks.
- Actively manage and lead on infrastructure projects and programmes to ensure that their designs comply with the agreed strategies and architectures.
- Lead the design, configuration, testing, implementation and maintenance of cloud based (AWS and Azure based) server, storage and compute solutions for the client.
- Provide expert guidance in the ITIL based technical governance forums (ARB, CAB and steering groups).
- Ensure the cloud infrastructure meets internal Key Performance Indicators (availability and performance).
- Maintain integrity and security of cloud based infrastructure and software by working closely with our SOC, resolving security-related incidents, monitoring vulnerabilities, applying patches & configuration changes as recommended or as required e.g. server hardening, deploying certificates etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience of IT infrastructure and System Design including designing, implementing, testing and supporting cloud based infrastructure technologies including proven AWS skills such as Infrastructure as Code, AWS Security, monitoring, and automation.
- Experience in information security and the types of security controls that can be used to mitigate security threats within solutions and services with a strong focus on cloud security and implementing remediation's to vulnerabilities.
- Effective stakeholder management and development skills and proven ability of communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- SC Clearance or willing to be SC Cleared. This role requires SC clearance but the client can provide this to the post holder and therefore candidates will need to have lived in the UK for 5 years or more to be eligible.
- 2 year Fixed Term Contract
- £53,365 up to 60k for exceptional candidates
- London based
- 2 days a week in the office
- Excellent pension holidays
- SC clearance or willing to be SC cleared
- The right to work in the UK, no sponsorship can be provided
For more information about the role, please apply.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.