Morgan Hunt is delighted to be working with a large, not for profit housing association, providing homes and services to more than 20,000 people across Greater Manchester. They are currently recruiting for a permanent Housing Officer cover the Greater Manchester areas.
Hours of work are 35 hours per week Monday to Friday with the option to work Saturday and / or Sunday as part of your 35-hour week and the role allows for agile working.
The customer corporate objective is, to help customers to achieve and maintain a successful tenancy by providing a home that's right for them and offer tailored support when and where needed. To do this they will; Create a place based tailored service that provides clarity of responsibility for both colleague and customer, where they do what they say with a clear focus on outcomes. This post will work with all relevant teams to deliver a customer focused Tenancy & Estate Management service within communities and attain excellent performance standards and outcomes.
The main duties of a Housing Officer will include.
- Management of identified neighbourhoods, their environment (estate) and customers
- Supporting the estates team to tackle estate management priorities such as litter, fly tipping and graffiti.
- Using a place-based approach, working with partner agencies, voluntary agencies, and residents to champion, promote and adhere to Customer Service Standards
- Support the roll out of Digital Services, including providing support to customers to register and use online apps.
- Development, delivery and monitoring of local offers & neighbourhood plans within designated neighbourhoods, ensuring the clear demonstration of a community focus with services tailored for the locality that meet local aspirations, address local priorities, are linked to clear objectives, and clear outcomes.
- Carrying out regular neighbourhood & block inspections in collaboration with teams, customers and other key stakeholders and feedback action taken as a result.
- Collaborating with the Rent Support Team and as required, providing customers with basic Financial Inclusion guidance, support and/or signposting, along with conducting arrears discussions, to maximise income recovery.
- Ensuring efficient and informed referrals are made to Tenancy Sustainment, Rent Support Teams for intensive management of specific residents whose behaviour and relationship has or is showing signs of deteriorating and where intervention and/or enforcement action is required.
- Collaborating to provide a seamless interview, viewing and sign-up process for customers, ensuring they have all the support they need and are clear on what their responsibilities are as tenant.
- Inspecting neighbourhoods on a planned basis, dealing with all issues identified including untidy gardens, open areas, fly tipping, litter graffiti, repairs, abandoned vehicles, abandoned properties, dog fouling, and vandalism.
- Carrying out Gas and Visual Fire Check action activity as a priority, ensuring all appropriate action is taken and records updated.
- Investigating incidents of anti-social behaviour in an effective and efficient manner, in partnership with other organisations, taking appropriate action as required, including representing the organisation in court when required with the support of the ASB Officer leading on the case.
As a successful Housing Officer, you will;
- Have relevant, up to date knowledge of social housing and housing legislation.
- Have experience of working in a similar role dealing with ASB, tenancy and neighbourhood / estates issues
- Experience of dealing with challenging situations and complex lifestyles
- BE IT literate including Microsoft Office 365
- Have strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and using your own initiative.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours including evenings and weekends.
- Hold a valid driving license.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.