Role: Learning Support Assistant
Job Type: Temporary
Hours: Full time
Pay Rate: £13/hr including holiday pay
College: Barnet and Southgate College
Morgan Hunt are working with Barnet and Southgate College to find a passionate learning support assistant. Our consultants are keen to speak with you now to ensure we have all your needs covered.
If the below interests you, please don't hesitate to apply!
Duties of a Teaching Assistant;
- Working with students with additional learning needs and disabilities, either on a 1:1 basis or as a class Teaching Assistant
- Keeping track of and writing notes on the progress and development of the student(s)
- Using the College's online systems to track progress and attendance
- Developing and maintaining excellent rapport with all student(s) within the class
- Motivate and inspire learners using up-to-date methods
- Work closely with the student(s) to increase their learning and keep them on-target
- Occasionally liaise with external agencies, other staff members and parents/carers of the student(s)
- Attend meetings and any training days/inset days
- Occasionally provide personal care for students with more severe disabilities
- Any other duties as required by the College
A Teaching Assistant will be required to;
- Have substantial experience either the Further Education and Training sector or the Secondary Education sector
- Have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant and satisfactory references
- Hold GCSEs in both Maths and English, at grade A-C or equivalent
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Proven experience of maintaining quality rapport with students, staff and parents/carers
A Teaching Assistant working for Morgan Hunt will receive;
- Free CPD training opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions within the College, at the first instance
- Any other benefits offered by the College
If you are passionate in providing high-quality teaching assistance within the Further Education and Training sector, match the above criteria, are looking for a new role and are based in and around North London, please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.