Morgan Hunt require an Accounts and Authorisation Supervisor for NHS based in Central London
Pay Rate: £18ph PAYE WTR = Total £20.17ph
Hours 37.5 from 7.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Location: Central London
Duration: 6 months on going contract
Scope of the role
The candidate is responsible for the routine provision of the Financial Administration Services for International & Private Patients
The key tasks for this post are to:
- Ensure that patients and their families are provided with an excellent service that is focused on meeting their needs.
- Provide an effective and efficient invoice and credit management service
- Ensure that financial information is recorded accurately.
- Act as support to the Financial Services Manager in periods of absence
- Co-ordinate charges received from all services provided to patients (manual and automated system interfaces) and ensure that it is recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Be part of a team that provides an effective and efficient invoicing system
- Ensure standard operating procedures within the team are relevant and reviewed as appropriate
- Undertake relevant data collection to enable monitoring against key performance indicators
- Ensure that patients and their families are provided with an excellent service that is focused on meeting their needs
- Work effectively as part of a team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To be a senior point of contact for financial services requests
- Ensure consultants and their secretaries are aware of their responsibilities in relation to receiving service charges.
- To co-ordinate the investigation of complaints in relating to the finance team, ensuring the necessary changes are made to system working practices to prevent reoccurrence
- To propose and prepare pricing schedules to include fixed and package pricing arrangements, estimates and quotes.
- To identify efficiency improvements across all aspects of the finance pathway and develop and implement strategies to introduce them, involving clinical and overseas agencies as well as administrative departments.
- To code and monitor external invoices using the Trust's FPM database and ensuring funding is secured for external servives provided.
To identify areas of financial irregularity and develop procedures to prevent recurrence
- Be familiar with the working needs and requirements of international clients regarding cover for treatment or services.
- Liaise with the International Credit Controllers to resolve any queries related to patient accounting and assist with any related matters.
- Ensure all charges are posted on the same day they are received.
- Maintain and keep abreast of self-pay and insured accounts to control potential debt
- Input all relevant patient information received onto the Compucare notepad system to facilitate continuity for the Division and patient.
- Deal with telephone enquiries in a professional, efficient and polite manner, taking messages where required.
- Cover the Financial Services Manger role for periods of absence
- Attend unit meeting as managers delegate when required
- Assist other members of the team where necessary.
- To be a mentor and take responsibility for any Apprentice staff
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks required of the post holder by the Financial Services Manager
- The post holder will be required to adhere to the trust dress code policy and may be required to wear a uniform
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.