Morgan Hunt is working with a leading and reputable organisation to recruit a Data Scientist on a permanent basis for our client based in London.
Salary: £30k - £80k DOE
They are currently looking to grow their team within in the area of data science and analytics. The ideal candidate for this role would be someone who is interested in cities and their infrastructure and is passionate about creating better places for people through the use of new technology and data driven frameworks.
**Candidates MUST hold active DV clearance in order to be considered for this role.**
* Work alongside the Head of Design Research to develop practical and applicable solutions to design challenges across a range of sectors.
* Support on a number of data-driven propositions that sit within the research & innovation strategy to support both market and design team drivers.
* Identify new opportunities, both within and outside the organisation, to utilise data science to develop current design methodologies as well as new areas of service.
* Support and help develop the analytical scope and methodology for projects and deliver scalable solutions to the business.
* Explore the use of new datasets within building design and helping develop strategies to unlock existing data.
* Work within a small multi-disciplined Research & Innovation team that includes developers, engineers, design researchers and data scientists.
* Explore opportunities to apply research evidence and innovative technology solutions within the context of our design process and methodology.
Skills & Experience:
* A degree level qualification that utilises data science in the field of Urban Studies, Computation Design, Geography, Transport, or similar.
* Experience in the manipulation and analysis of data with a focus on spatial data, using geospatial software, such as ArcGIS, QGIS or similar.
* Experience in programming using a common language such as Python, SQL, R, or a willingness to learn.
* An understanding of the importance of best practises in data management, ideally with some knowledge of using a database
* Experience of setting up dashboards using software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, or via a programming language.
* Knowledge of existing web-based mapping platforms such as Mapbox, Kepler, Leaflet, Carto would be beneficial
* Knowledge of existing data sources and spatial analysis methods that could be used to better understand the built environment, and a desire to expand this knowledge.
* The ability to coherently present findings to a wide range of professionals, clients, and consultants.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.