I have an exciting opportunity for a Windows Server Engineer to join a leading not for profit organisation who have a strong reputation for investing and developing in people. This enterprise organisation strives to have a culture of collaboration.
This is a hybrid role of 2 days per week based in their offices in London, paying £57,500 per annum.
As the Senior Windows Server Engineer you will be the technical lead on the Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server infrastructure operations and service delivery, as well as working closely with the Architecture Team on related projects. Contributing to the Active Directory and Windows Server estate related change management, continuous improvement and governance processes.
Responsibilities as the Windows Server Engineer
- Take ownership of Active Directory and Windows Server infrastructure, service operations and support.
- Lead on the lifecycle management of Active Directory and Windows Server estate and troubleshooting Active Directory and Group Policy issues.
- Actively manage and monitor Active Directory and Server estate related ServiceNow tickets, and remediations from monitoring and alerting systems.
- Contribute to IT infrastructure related security, maintenance, performance, capacity and lifecycle management and reports on infrastructure operations, services and major incidents.
- Working as part of a team, deliver complex solutions as lead specialist, project team resource or technical support resource.
- Create and review change requests to support project delivery and operational change.
- Create and maintain work plans, design and operations documentation sets.
- Manage and administer the PKI infrastructures and digital certificates.
Skills and Experience required
- Experience of supporting and maintaining Microsoft AD & Server Environments
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory infrastructure design, delivery, and management.
- Strong Active Directory management and administration.
- Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate (or MCSE/MCSA). VMware Certified: VCP-DCV 2023 or previous versions
- Experience managing 200 servers.
- Strong SCCM administration experience.
- Expert knowledge in Group Policy management and administration.
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 and SQL server administration and appropriate certifications.
- Strong experience with PowerShell/scripting.
- Microsoft 365 services and Endpoint Manager
- Extensive VMware virtualised infrastructure administration and networking
- Ability to create and maintain technical and design documents.
- Change management processes
- Relationship building, talks using language easily understandable by IT and business.
- Calm, resilient and able to manage in pressurised situations and able to make decisions in challenging circumstances.
- Ability to travel on occasion as required to other offices in order to carry out the role.
This is a permanent opportunity, paying £57,500 per annum. A hybrid role, working 2 days in their offices based in London. Good company benefits including 29 days holiday bank holidays, good pension scheme and other benefits. A friendly and collaborative team, with opportunity to train and grow.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.