Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
Morgan Hunt is delighted to collaborate with the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) as they embark on the search for a new Head of Health and Safety. Occupying a key site on Glasgow’s regenerated waterfront, the SEC is proud of their place in the community and delighted to play a part in the lives of local people and visitors. They work with local and national government to support local and national priorities whether it’s social inclusion, or health and wellbeing.
The role primarily focuses on maintaining a safe, healthy, engaging, and enjoyable environment at the SEC for all team members and visitors. It also involves aligning the Health and Safety Team with the company's strategic objectives while upholding the organisation's culture and values. Leading, inspiring, and driving the Health and Safety teams to excel in their responsibilities is a key aspect of this role. The overarching goal is to consistently meet and even exceed customer expectations, where customers include team members, clients, partners, contractors, and visitors.
Key Responsibilities: (includes but not limited to)
- Lead and manage the Health and Safety team, making critical decisions and taking actions related to Health and Safety operations.
- Develop and implement a robust safety and health strategy that instils confidence in the Board of Directors, Executive, team members, partners, contractors, and visitors regarding their well-being.
- Collaborate closely with the Event Safety & Security Team and Facilities Team to define and monitor each team's responsibilities. Implement a RACI matrix or a similar tool for clear communication of roles.
- Establish and maintain the Fire Safety Strategy and management plan, including policies, procedures, training, and compliance monitoring.
- Ensure a thorough incident investigation procedure for campus and events, aligning with the audit and Risk Committee framework.
- Lead the development and enforcement of policies and procedures related to Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and oversee appropriate training throughout the company.
- Create and promote an occupational Health and Safety strategy to foster a positive and vibrant safety culture.
- Develop a framework for risk assessment, including mitigation measures, and provide regular reporting and escalation when needed.
- Foster active engagement with all teams to regularly review and access Health and Safety expertise for department-specific risk assessment and training.
- Develop and implement effective strategic business, incident response, continuity, and disaster recovery plans to ensure a prompt response in emergencies.
- Create an efficient Health and Safety management system, comprising strategy, management structure, policies, SOPs, and WOWs, to ensure all departments comply with health and safety regulations and serve as an industry benchmark.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.