Games Art Lecturer
£28-31.37 per hour
Start date: 6/11/2023 (interviews to take place the week before)
Morgan Hunt are recruiting for an experienced or newly qualified Games Art Lecturer to work for a leading FE College in the heart of Manchester on a full time full time contract, with roughly 20 hours of teaching a week, until at least February 2024 half term, teaching level 3, who has a range of software skills
We are looking to hear from candidates who have the following skills/experience:
- Excellent concept art skills in particular drawing from life
- Excellent understanding of game-based form and function, value, colour, lighting, atmosphere and
- An excellent practical experience of conceptualising and illustrating assets including environments, characters and vehicles
- Confidence with 3D Content Creation and using software such as Adobe Photoshop/ Illustrator, Procreate, Blender/Maya or 3D Studio Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter and/or Substance Designer and other 3D/2D applications
- Experience of game level design, gameplay theories, game mechanics, rapid prototyping, and/or economies and game balance.
- A good understanding of the Game Development Process and the role of a Game Designer/ Artist
- An understanding of how concept art fits into the wider games and film art process such as producing
model sheets and blueprints
- Experience working on game projects or similar.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with other artists, designers, programmers and games
Responsibilities of a Games Art Lecturer:
- Working in the Games department, you will be working with a variety of learners and be expected to meet the College's standards of work
- Providing additional tutorial and pastoral support to students across the College as require
- Delivery and assessment of Creative Media Games Development
Requirements of a Games Art Lecturer:
- A UK recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed, or equivalent
- Experience of delivering the subject or willing to learn
- A related Degree is desirable
- A current DBS or willing to obtain one is essential
To find out more information on this Games Art Lecturer role in Greater Manchester please APPLY HERE.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.