Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
£12.00 - £13.00 per hour
Morgan Hunt are currently working with a large Housing Association based in Manchester who are looking to recruit a Project Worker for their supported housing service in Old Trafford. The service supports homeless young people aged 16 - 19 to live independently and move on with their lives. Shifts include earlies, lates and weekends (on a rota basis) and therefore candidates must have a flexible approach to work.
Residents are supported by a team who work closely to deliver support in areas such as health and wellbeing, budgeting, education, employment training and re housing. Each resident is offered personalised support packages and through their weekly one to one sessions, workshops and activities, they are supported to live well and move onto independent accommodation.
As a Project Worker you will;
- Work as part of a team within supported housing services in Greater Manchester, providing high quality and intensive housing management to young people aged 16 - 19.
- Use a person-centred approach to enable customers to develop independent living skills and move on successfully into more permanent accommodation suitable to their needs.
- Successfully build on skills that will support the customer to access work, training or education.
- Use techniques such as coaching and strengths-based approaches to enable customers to develop emotional resilience, overcome barriers and take control of their lives.
- Under direction from the Project Manager the post holder will be involved in all aspects of housing management, which include but are not exclusive to; collecting rent, reporting repairs, maintaining the health and safety of the building.
- Experience of knowledge of different methods and techniques including strengths-based approach.
- Experience of working within a similar setting supporting young people with complex needs
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of young people and the issues that can prevent long term tenancy sustainment.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and developments relating to young people.
- The ability to motivate positive change and engage clients to develop independent living skills and achieve their outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills.
Due to the nature of the role and Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.