Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
Tenancy Sustainment Officer
4 - 6 weeks (likely extension)
£12.50 - £13.50 per hour
Morgan Hunt is working with an organisation who provide specialise housing and support services to vulnerable people including asylum seekers, ex-offenders, expectant and new mums, people with mental health issues, recovering addicts, survivors of domestic abuse, those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and young people leaving care.
We are recruiting for a Tenancy Sustainment Officer for their homelessness services in Bolton. You will be responsible for delivering a customer focused service contributing to the delivery of housing services to residents. This is an ongoing temporary contract with the potential for extension.
The role - Tenancy Sustainment Officer
- Co - ordinating tenancy management and rent collection to ensure all housing management income is collected effectively.
- Ensuring fair access, process of applications, relevant background checks and allocation of vacant properties and that supported accommodation is available for use.
- Ensuring no vacant properties and void turnaround time is minimised.
- Ensuring H&S and property standards are maintained.
- Working effectively as a team member delivering excellent services to Residents.
- Assure compliance with Management Agreements and Leases and report as required to partner landlords on housing management performance.
- Support and empower residents to maintain cleanliness of communal and personal space in accordance with their tenancy / licence agreement.
- Ensure the properties are let to good Standard and maintained as such, monitoring properties for damage or abandonment or misuse.
- Ensure the process for Gas Safety checks is strictly adhered to and residents are aware of their obligations.
- To generate referrals and promote accommodation vacancies by liaising with partner agencies e.g., Housing options, Single Point of access.
- Respond quickly to complaints and ensure any concerns or incidents reported are managed professionally and quickly.
- Support services with move-on of residents - identify accommodation options where appropriate and assist with applications.
- Experience of working with those experiencing homelessness in a similar setting.
- Knowledge and practice in housing and tenancy management in relation to statutory obligations.
- Track record in effective tenancy management, particularly voids and arrears management.
- Sound understanding of Housing Benefit regulations and welfare reform.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace, implications for staff and residents.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing, including letter and report writing.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to manage challenging and diverse client groups.
Due to the nature of this role, an Enhanced DBS is required dated within the last 12 months or registered on the update service.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.