Morgan Hunt are excited to announce that we have partnered with an outstanding top 100 law firm in the search for a Finance Systems Manager to join their experienced London finance team. With offices in London and a wide coverage across England, our client is a fast growing organisation who has expanded at impressive rates in the turn of the last century. They are now seeking a Finance Systems Manager to join their diverse and inclusive team of 5, reporting into and working closely alongside the Chief Financial Officer and Supporting the Finance function on a daily basis.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Finance Systems Manager
- Holding responsibility for planning and implementing the firm's internal Finance function system which will then expand to include the HR and other systems for the business.
- Managing to ensure that the internal PMS system is fully maintained, supported and developed.
- Providing expertise in how to handle the PMS system and how it will integrate, in line with the management and time recording software.
- Reviewing the already present documentation in the finance system and providing recommendations on how to improve the financial reporting package.
- Collaborating with the team by implementing systems projects in a timely manner
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to meet the desired expectations of the firm's stakeholders.
- Ensuring the firm's data is safe guarded to meet the integrity, usability and availability of the company's expectations.
- Minimising the Business' risk by ensuring the data stored is meeting regulatory compliance requirements and the Solicitor Accounting Rules are met accordingly.
- Ensuring that the systems recommended upgrade path and versions are met.
- Assessing when to apply the upgrade recommendations in line with the business's recommendations.
Desired experience of the Finance Systems Manager
- Experience operating in a similar role in a professional service background.
- Experience of either Aderant or Elite 3e an advantage.
- Strong experience with SQL, SSRS & Power BI
- Innovative approach to system development but also ensuring that commercial awareness is still applied.
- The ability to adhere to Stakeholder's desired outcomes.
- Advanced product management skills, combined with ensuring that they are translated into the correct application.
- Able to articulate with more senior members of the firm's organisation which will include Managers and subject matter experts.
- Reviewing and analysing data to meet the design and construction of internal requests.
- Able to simplify and design reports using your visual design skill set.
- Previous experience handling transformation projects
- Experience with finance system management.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Experience with problem solving.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience or a keen interest in finance systems to further develop their skill set in a trusted and supported environment. In addition to the amazing platform this leading London law firm can offer, the successful Finance Systems Manager will have the opportunity to work on various systems as well as be given an extremely experienced team, with extensive knowledge and support needed to hit the ground running.
If you are a Finance Systems Manager and this sounds like a role which is for you, then please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.