Morgan Hunt are currently recruiting for one of the largest Public Sector organisations who are recruiting for a Financial Accountant. This is a London based hybrid role paying £60,000 - £65,000 on 6 month fixed term contract to help with an auditing process (2 days in the office, 3 days working from home).
This is an exciting role as a Financial Accountant (qualified accountant) for one of the largest Public Sector organisations and after a merger is complete in the next couple of months, even larger! Their mission is to help people flourish and an important part of this is to ensure that their organisation reflects the wider communities that they serve. They want to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce and we are pleased to be supporting them in this.
About the role as a Financial Accountant:
As an accountant, some of the key results for the role include:
- To be part of the team responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of accounting records for the statutory accounts (including all subsidiaries) and other external legal reporting requirements.
- The timely production of statutory accounts for the Group and its subsidiaries. To ensure they are compliant with FRS 102 and the Accounting Direction, and also in line with best practice, and present a consistent, coherent and fair representation of the organisation.
- Prepare and manage the preparation of audit working papers for the year end audit, including agreeing format of working papers and other audit requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors as needed, and to ensure information requirements are met in a timely manner.
- To review and challenge the controls in place that mitigate risks. Consider alternative controls and process to achieve the target risk scores.
- Processing of month end journals as required.
- Maintain balance sheet controls and reconciliations as appropriate.
- Completion of monthly trial balance and associated completeness checks.
What you will need as a Financial Accountant:
Demonstrable experience in preparing accounts
Demonstrable understanding of an audit process
Qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA
What you will get in return/benefits:
Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
Two additional paid volunteering days each year
Flexible benefits scheme, including family friendly benefits and access to a discount portal
If you are a Financial Accountant looking towards your next 6 months within a growing organisation then please apply ASAP!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.