We have a current opportunity for a Financial Accounting Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Glasgow. It is a full time position with a salary of £30'950-£43'474 DOE.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Team Manager, you will play a critical role in the preparation and audit of the Annual Report and Accounts. You will be responsible for delivering month end processes with accuracy and timeliness, and providing financial accounting expertise across to the company ensure robust financial control. You will coach a small team, directing daily tasks.
- Undertake analysis, data collation and reporting to prepare the financial statements sections of the company Annual Report and Accounts in line with government and statutory requirements.
- Facilitate the smooth running of the external annual audit cycle, acting as the key day to day contact point for all audit queries.
- Manage the balance sheet reconciliation process, ensuring accounts are reconciled and reviewed on a monthly basis, including fixed assets and accounting for leases under IFRS 16.
- Support the preparation of the annual licence fee request in order to generate prompt and accurate payments.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly VAT return, ensuring VAT is reclaimed in line with HMRC's Contracted Out Services headings.
- Manage the cash flow forecast and submission of HM Treasury returns.
- Feed into the production of the companies Spending Review and Supply Estimates process.
- Provide teams with accurate financial advice on accounting and financial procedures and practices to inform decision making and actions.
- Support compliance and strengthen financial control across the company, contributing to the development of finance policies, guidance and training.
- Proactively identify opportunities and implement changes to promote continuous improvement.
- Provide task direction to Financial Accounting Team members, prioritising tasks as required to meet deadlines. Develop, guide and coach team members.
- Build effective relationships with the Accounts Payables Team, Management Accounting Team, Finance Business Partners and other corporate services functions such as Payroll.
Key Outputs and Deliverables
- Financial statements sections of the Annual Report and Accounts are accurately prepared to timetable.
- Audit evidence and responses to audit queries are provided on a timely basis and satisfy the auditors' requests.
- Month end processes are delivered including accurate and fully reconciled balance sheet reconciliations, VAT return and cash flow forecast.
- Financial expertise and advice is provided to teams across the company, in addition to guidance and training on relevant financial matters.
Key Stakeholder Relationships
- Accounts Payables Team
- Management Accounting Team
- Finance Business Partners
- Payroll Team
- Head of Corporate Finance
- Deputy Director of Finance
- National Audit Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- HM Revenue and Customs
- Licence Fee Payers
- CCAB or equivalent qualified with experience in financial and statutory accounting (lead).
- Strong technical knowledge of financial and reporting standards, UK tax legislation especially VAT, financial controls and audit requirements.
- Ability to work proactively and prioritise against
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer focussed and able to effectively communicate with people at all levels (internal and external).
- Ability to use initiative, identify issues and improvements, and work with others to create solutions.
- Knowledge of government accounting and HM Treasury budgeting cycle.
- Experience using SUN systems.
If you feel your skillset matches the above profile, please submit your CV to apply for the role.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.