Find out more this organisation on their careers site
Group Financial Controller
Location: St James House, Surbiton but may occasionally be required to work from any other YMCA St Paul's Group site. (Flexible with a requirement for occasional meetings in Surbiton, South West London)
Contract: Permanent; Full-time, 40 hours per week (generally worked within office hours, Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work as and when required)
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 21st September 2021
YMCA St Paul's Group (SPG) is the largest YMCA in Europe and a leading provider of supported housing in London and beyond, providing a safe place to stay to about 1,200 young and vulnerable people each night.
- We provide housing and support to those in need of a place to call home and support them with services that empower them to build a positive future.
- We support children, young people, and families to be safe, healthy, connected, and confident.
- We bring people together by encouraging them to be healthy, physically and mentally.
- We help nurture an environment where people of all faiths and none have the opportunity to understand and express the love of God.
- We empower our residents, staff, and users by providing them with excellent service and welcoming properties where they can thrive.
- We enable the Charity to respond to the future with an equipped and empowered workforce that is flexible and agile.
The vision of YMCA St Paul's group is to empower young people by providing the resources and support so they can thrive. We wish to create inclusive, active, and healthy communities where everyone can flourish.
Our approach is informed by our Christian faith and we work with fellow community collaborators to see this vision realised. Our core values underpin the way that we deliver our work and our aim is to create an inclusive culture where our staff, residents, and customers feel a sense of belonging and are able to be their authentic selves.
We welcome everyone, strive for excellence in all we do, inspire hope in others for what they might achieve and strive to grow and develop both people and places.
Purpose of the role:
The overall purpose of the Group Financial Controller role is to lead the day to day Finance Team providing a high quality service for the charity, ensuring strong financial controls, performance and reporting.
As a member of the charity's Senior Management Team (SMT) the Group Financial Controller should be able to successfully implement strategies and ensure a high level of performance across the charity. This includes working to develop strong and effective cross functional initiatives and taking the lead on developing and implementing specific corporate initiatives and representing the charity with external and internal partners.
- Provide leadership to staff within the Finance, creating a strong team that works well together
- Provide financial analysis and reporting and other associated activities to support the development of financial business plans, budgets and forecasts for medium to long term periods
- Provide financial insight analysis to support senior budget holders including tailoring financial reports, translating complex financial data, identifying trends, patterns and anomalies
- Ensure all of YMCA SPG's assets and resources are used efficiently and effectively and delivered in line with the Value for Money Strategy
- Ensure that all information required by lenders' covenants are properly documented and submitted in time, including quarterly management information
- Ensure that YMCA SPG operates within all regulatory guidance, statutory and legislative requirements (including preparation and submission of external financial regulatory returns) Oversee implementation of a new finance system
- Oversee implementation of Brixx Business Planning and Financial Modelling tool
- Review the Finance Team structure and ensure that it is in line with the Group's operational and strategic objectives
- Review and implement an updated fixed asset register
- Review Finance Business Partnering arrangements and ensure robust support for operational managers
Experience / Qualifications:
- Professional qualification - CCAB qualified
- Experience of effective financial management, including development and monitoring of budgets for revenue and capital spend and production of financial statements
- Experience of the efficient delivery of financial/management information
- Experience of assisting in the development and implementation of strategies
- Experience of managing a finance team, including qualified accountants
- Experience of managing VAT and other taxes
- Experience of providing expert advice to senior staff / stakeholders
- Knowledge of latest Accounting Standards and application to the social housing sector (Housing SORP)
- Knowledge of market leading finance systems e.g. Sage, Sun Accounts, Microsoft Dynamics, Brixx etc.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and have the required experience then apply below.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.