Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
We have a current opportunity for a H&S Manager on a permanent basis. The Health & Safety Manager role will be based in Walthamstow, East London. For further information about this position please apply.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be the College's Health & Safety competent person to provide the expertise needed to ensure all activities and working practices adhere to the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and general best practice.
2. To develop and keep under ongoing review health and safety internal policies and procedures which reflect legislation and address the operations of the college and clearly defines the scope, standards, procedures and roles and responsibilities of college staff at all levels in line with good practice
3. Implement appropriate monitoring, audit and reporting systems to provide assurance to the Senior Leadership Team and Executive that required levels of compliance are being met and that controls are in place to mitigate risk.
4. To provide the Principal/CEO and Deputy Principal with annual reports on Health & Safety, monthly reports on health and safety issues to include data on accidents and incidents and ad hoc reports on health and safety related matters as requested from time to time.
5. Take a lead role in staff health & safety training, including liaising with Human Resources on mandatory training and additional training needs required. This includes promoting health & Safety training, and delivering training.
6. To support managers and others in the carrying out of rigorous risk assessments and the development of appropriate action plans and to ensure all risk assessments are reviewed on at least an annual basis.
7. To manage the budget allocated for health and safety in accordance with the College Financial Regulations and Financial Procedures including the achievement of best value. To manage and develop effective records of incidents and accidents and produce reports for the Health & Safety Committee.
8. To carry out accident investigations, produce reports and recommendations and to liaise with, as appropriate, the Health & Safety Executive, College insurers, other agencies and members of the Senior Leadership Team and others individually and collectively as appropriate.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.