Are you a Head of Data looking for a new exciting, flexible role, at a leading charity?
You will be responsible for shaping and managing data and its use at the charity. This includes building and leading a culture of Data Driven decision making, building data capabilities.
You will be owning the charity's data platform, overseeing data pipelines across the organisation and ensuring that their data is well governed and managed. A key focus of the role will be overseeing a core pillar of their current strategy to enable better and more efficient use of data across the organisation.
It is an exciting time to join this charity as you would be part of their Intensive Programme of end-to-end transformation. They are starting their journey to improve Business Intelligence, Insight and Analytics and part of this role may be to develop an Insights and Analytics strategy to work as a roadmap to make better use of data across the organisation. You would be joining a passionate team culture here.
£70,000 (Excellent benefits package- including 20% Pension Contribution)
- Responsible for budgets related to running the data platform, the relevant tools. Responsible for contract renewals and as required negotiations.
- Own the data pipelines across the organisation. Ensuring that data is flowing as it should, overseeing and providing direction on which data pipelines need to be created or amended and working the business functions to identify how the charity use their data and how this might require transformation.
- Lead the Data Governance forum and directing the work of any other governance forums/groups which may be required.
- Identifying needs across the organisation for effective data visualisation, automated dashboarding, kickstarting a development plan for these data visualisation products and to build data literacy & culture across the organisation to prepare for the use of advanced analytics to obtain insight hidden in large datasets.
- Responsible for ensuring the data platform technologies are compliant with security regulations and processes.
- Responsible for implementing the technical aspects of policies relating to data legislation.
- Manage 3 data experts. This includes day to day line management.
To be successful as a Head of Data, you will-
- Have excellent experience of forming data strategy conversations with senior members of a leadership team.
- Have effective leadership experience and delivery of strategic data initiatives.
- Have knowledge or experience in the technologies - Snowflake, Tableau, Salesforce (beneficial)
- Possess good experience of shaping and managing data and its use.
- Possess good experience of building and leading a culture of Data Driven decision making, building data capabilities across an organisation.
- Have experience in overseeing data pipelines and ensuring that data is well governed and managed.
- Have experience of ensuring that data is flowing as it should, overseeing and providing direction.
- Have experience of working with business functions to identify how the organisation use their data and how this might require transformation.
2/3 stage interview process
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.