Morgan Hunt are currently working with a high-profile Professional Membership Body, in their search for a temporary Head of Legal to manage legal service provisions across England & Wales, with a particular focus around employment law, and provide leadership and support to the division.
You will manage and oversee the legal employment team, acting in a supervisory and advisory capacity, while ensuring high-quality service delivery. You be an active member of the Senior Management Team, involving both strategic and budgetary responsibilities, while leading on employment litigation and providing comprehensive legal services to members and staff.
You will be responsible for managing complaints, ensuring swift resolution in line with company policies, as well as preparing and conducting cases before the Employment Tribunal and higher courts on behalf of members (and outsourcing legal services where required).
The successful applicant will be a Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with expert knowledge of employment law, and significant management and leadership experience. You will ideally have experience within a claimant, trade union, healthcare or regulatory organisation.
You will have experience managing budgets to ensure a cost-effective service delivery and able to develop new income generating processes, with strong communication and stakeholder management skills. You will have the ability drive strategic direction, advise and represent members on all aspects of employment/regulatory law as well as undertake advocacy in the employment tribunal or other forums.
This role is perfect for an experience self-starter, who is open to working 1 day per week in either London, Exeter, Leeds, Sunderland, Birmingham or Bolton.
Job Title: Head of Legal
Location: Hybrid (Remote & Office 1 day per week)
Hourly Rate: £46.00 - £52.00 (PAYE)
Job Type: Temporary (until end of March, with potential extension)
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week or more)
Start Date: ASAP
- Manage the delivery of legal services in England, Wales & Northern Ireland, with an emphasis around employment law
- Lead on employment litigation, and liaise with other departments and relevant external bodies
- Manage complaints, ensuring swift resolution in line with company policies
- Provide a comprehensive legal service to members, and staff
- Prepare and conduct cases before the Employment Tribunal and higher courts, on behalf of members, and outsourcing legal services where required
- Manage and oversee the legal employment team, including acting in a supervisory and advisory capacity
- Be an active member of the Senior Management Team, including strategic and budgetary responsibilities
- Line manage the employment law Senior Legal Officers and Legal Officers and administrative staff (as appropriate)
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with expert knowledge of employment law
- Experience within a claimant, trade union, healthcare or regulatory organisation is highly desirable
- Experience of team leadership, responsibility for service delivery and supporting business operational and strategic planning
- Experience of managing a large case load in addition to significant line management responsibilities
- Experience of managing budgets to ensure a cost-effective service delivery and able to develop new income generating processes
- Strong stakeholder management skills (internally and externally)
- Ability to advise and represent members on all aspects of employment/regulatory law
- Ability to undertake advocacy in the employment tribunal or other forums
- Ability to contribute to both corporate, operational, and strategic plans and translate these into realistic team and individual targets and objectives in line with strategy
- Outstanding communication, written and presentation skills
- Analytical skills to assess complex information and situations to achieve an appropriate solution/approach
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Head of Legal.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.