We have a current opportunity for a Housing Administrator on a temporary basis which may lead to permanent. The position is working for a national housing association based in Oldham with hours of work 9am to 5pm.
To provide an effective and customer focused service, working as part of a team delivering housing and support services to residents of our clients dispersed temporary accommodation across the city of Manchester.
To provide general office support to a team of Housing Support Workers, ensuring accurate data entry and updating a range of systems. To provide customers with a knowledgeable and professional first point of contact on the telephone, in writing and in person.
To work as part of a team to deliver excellence, solve problems and deliver value for residents.
* Be the first point of contact for housing services, receiving enquiries from customers by telephone, by letter and electronically, and provide information and advice on housing services aiming to resolve problems immediately where possible
* Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of housing services and procedures and ensure procedures are followed when dealing with customer enquiries and requests
* Deal with difficult situations in a way that tries to resolve issues for the customer, seeking assistance from the Team Manager when necessary.
* Ensure ICT skills are up to date and meet developing needs, using Microsoft packages for producing written information and analysing data
* To manage all office administrative work, including updating the database and accurately scanning documentation, as directed by the Team Manager, Senior Support Worker or Contract Manager.
* Update systems with visit outcome information on behalf of the Housing Support Workers
* Assist the Housing Support Workers and Property Inspector in updating information around lettings, key returns, void properties and liaise with the provider to ensure voids are completed in time, notifying the financial controller where rent stops are required.
* Process requests for tenancy information, refunds, statements, direct debits, references etc.
* Assist in resolving benefit queries by liaising with the Housing Benefit Team.
* Assist with compiling and co-ordinating statistical data for the Team Leader, Team Manager and Contract Manager.
* Responsible for co-ordinating information for the monthly performance dashboard
* Provide active cover and support across the service and assist in the training and induction of new members of staff and work experience students.
* Maintain accurate, up to date records and collect data and information in relation to all District Homes tenancies, ensuring achievement of internal and external targets.
* To assume any other reasonable functions, duties and responsibilities as requested by Team Manager which are within the reasonable competence of the postholder.
* Personal commitment to ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
What you'll need:
* Experience of providing excellent customer focussed services in a social or commercial setting.
* Experience of undertaking a wide range of administrative duties as part of a team.
* Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information
* Experience of maintaining records, providing reports and monitoring information
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding
* Ability to deal with problems with a solution focussed approach.
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
* Experienced in handling sensitive information and working within data protection regulations.
* Good organisational skills with a proactive approach and attention to detail
* Able to work well under pressure to agreed deadlines
* Good verbal and numerical skills
* Able to develop and maintain ICT skills and use Microsoft packages for producing written information (Word) and analysing data (Excel)
* Able to work within a team, sharing information and ideas, providing cross team cover, solving problems and meet team targets.
* Able to manage and maintain records, files and other documentation accurately.
* Resilient and able to work under pressure
* High degree of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy
* Able to work independently or as part of wider team as tasks require
* Excellent ICT skills including use of packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education and training
* GCSE level or equivalent
* Commitment to continued personal development
Please contact me for a full job description and person specification.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.