Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trusts and Foundations Executive to join our amazing team.
Location: Hybrid Working - 1-2 days in the office
Salary: £38,459 per annum, Band F, Level 3, inclusive of Outer London Weighting
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
About the Trusts and Foundations Executive Role:
We are looking for a results-driven, motivated team player to join our exciting and fastpaced strategic funding team. You will be an innovative thinker, able to spot opportunities and develop concepts to create successful bids. Proven success of fundraising from trusts and foundations would be an advantage along with a superb ability to write with flair and creativity. You will have excellent presentation skills, an eye for detail, be exceptionally well organised and work well autonomously.
If you think you have transferable skills from other sectors we’re open to hearing from you please highlight in your cover letter.
What we are looking for in our Trusts and Foundations Executive:
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in drafting powerful and compelling arguments, proposals and reports, ideally (but not limited to) trust and foundation applications
- Experience in developing partnerships
- Experience of working in a target led ment with a proven track record of delivering against targets
- The ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload to meet tight deadlines
- Highly competent in the use of word processing and excel, data collection and email software
- Highly developed networking and influencing skills that result in positive outcomes
- A willingness to travel across the UK and undertake occasional out of hours work
Key responsibilities as our Trusts and Foundations Executiver:
- Raising 5 figure grants from chari trusts, foundations and statutory sources
- Proactively identifying, researching and prioritising new trusts that are strong funding prospects for The Scouts
- Developing and managing current small – medium sized trust relationships
- Accurately maintaining prospect / donor correspondence, donations and engagements on a database
- Managing a quarterly mailing cycle to smaller trusts, growing income from this group while streamlining processes to ensure it remains low maintenance
- Ensuring all externally funded projects are properly evaluated by relevant colleagues, and converted into resources that can be used by our membership to increase the impact and legacy of external funding.
As our Trusts and Foundations Executive in return, we offer you:
- Work in a way that suits you, your role and your department
- Be proud to say you’re part of a team with Investors in People (Gold)
- Plenty of opportunity for learning and development
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays rising to 28 days after two years, then increasing again to 32 days after five years
- Four extra days to look after your family when they need you
- Three extra days over Christmas
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Mon, 29 May 2023 at 23:59
This is a rolling recruitment campaign,?please don’t delay submitting your application as we are reviewing applications daily.
Interviews will be held on teams week commencing Thursday 1 June 2023.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.