Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join our People & Culture, Support Services Directorate.
Location: Gilwell Park, Chingford, London (Hybrid working)
Salary: £47,200 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting and a Market Supplement), Band F, Level 3
Working Hours: 35 hours per week - with expectation of coming into the office or one of the regional offices once a week
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
About the HR Business Partner Role:
People & Culture Dept. is a diverse and dynamic team supporting People needs for over 400 members of staff working across different subsidiaries of the organisation. Working on developing a clear EDI agenda and continuous improvement of HR function.
The role acts as the key point of contact for managers and staff on all employment issues. It is responsible for a broad range of HR functions, including employee relations matters, administration of our salaries policy and liaison with Payroll, advising on terms and condition of employment, maintenance of accurate HR records system, the provision of reports, updating policies and procedures, issuing amendments to contracts and supporting our work in relation to health, safety and welfare.
As the HR Business Partner you will have:
- Experience in a broad range of HR advisory and administrative work
- Experience of maintaining an HRIS and reporting from it
- Experience in issuing contracts of employments, amendments and ending fixed term contracts
- Good working knowledge of employment law and best HR practice and how to apply it
- Line management experience
- Extensive knowledge of general HR administrative systems and processes
- CIPD qualified or working towards the qualification
- Ability to provide a high quality professional HR advisory service and gain respect from managers and staff
- Excellent communications skills
- High level IT skills to make maximum use of our HRIS and ability to analyse employee data
- Excellent customer focused approach
Key responsibilities as our HR Business Partner:
- Contribute to the design & implementation of the team’s key objectives and programmes of work
- Act as a business partner to managers across a number of departments to achieve their objectives, supporting people strategies, challenges and plans where necessary, within the remit of this role
- Providing an advisory service to managers and staff regarding all people matters
- Provide employee relations advice in respect of absence management, occupational health, terms and conditions of employment, capability, grievance and disciplinary matters etc.
- Take overall responsibility for the HR team’s personnel records, including maintenance of the HRIS
- Take overall responsibility for the provision of information to Payroll and associated administration
As our HR Business Partner in return, we offer you:
- Work in a way that suits you, your role and your department
- Be proud to say you’re part of a team with Investors in People (Gold)
- Plenty of opportunity for learning and development
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays rising to 28 days after two years, then increasing again to 32 days after five years
- Four extra days to look after your family when they need you
- Three extra days over Christmas
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Mon, 29 May 2023 at 23:59
Interviews will be held in person at Gilwell Park: Tuesday 13 June 2023
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.