Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Inclusive Growth to join our Growth & Communities team.
Location: Home or Gilwell Park based, working remotely with travel across England to lead the team.
Salary: £57, 000 per year (+ car allowance)
Term: Fixed Term until 31st March 2025
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
About the Head of Inclusive Growth Role:
The Head of Inclusive Growth is responsible for ensuring we deliver the targets for creating new places for young people aged 10+ agreed by our external funders through a team of Local Growth Officers in England as well as programme managing our internally funded project to grow in lower income communities across the UK. The Head of Inclusive Growth is a key part of our strategy for inclusive growth of our membership.
As the Head of Inclusive Growth you will have:
- Ability to co-create and implement effective plans to achieve agreed organisational objectives and to make clear, informed and timely decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable successful influencing, listening and negotiating with others
- Demonstrable record of achievement in a leadership role within an organisation of comparable size, scope and complexity
- Knowledge and understanding of methods to increase engagement and meet agreed outcomes across a range of internal and external channels
- Experience of effectively developing high performing teams whilst instilling a strong sense of accountability and empowerment in a values based culture
- Education, training and continual professional development relevant to the scope of responsibilities of the Head of Inclusive Growth role
- Experience of service delivery design and management in an organisation of comparable size, scope and complexity
- Full UK driving licence
- Able and willing to work frequent evenings and weekends (approx. 10 weekends or part-weekends per year)
Key responsibilities as our Head of Inclusive Growth:
- Meeting agreed targets for growing Scouting’s membership
- Managing our internally funded programme for inclusive growth to create more places for young people in lower income communities across the UK
- Working collaboratively with Growth & Communities Managers
- Playing a leading role in the Scouts’ approach to volunteer recruitment and inclusive membership growth across the UK
- Working with the Regional and County Commissioners (our lead volunteers) in England
- Ensuring our externally funded Local Growth Officers are fully engaged with and able to represent and advocate for UK Headquarters with volunteers within Counties, Districts and Groups.
- Collaborating with strategic funding colleagues to ensure timely and high quality reporting for our external funders.
In return, we offer you:
- Work in a way that suits you, your role and your department
- Be proud to say you’re part of a team with Investors in People (Gold)
- Plenty of opportunity for learning and development
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays rising to 28 days after two years, then increasing again to 32 days after five years
- Four extra days to look after your family when they need you
- Three extra days over Christmas
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Mon, 29 May 2023 at 23:59
Telephone Interview: W/C Monday 5 June 2023.
Interviews will be held in-person at Gilwell Park: W/C Monday 12 June 2023
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.