We have a current opportunity for a IT Officer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Perthshire for the induction phase, and then full remote working from home.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting individual with strong and broad-ranging technical and customer focused experience in software/application support. You will be part of a small Support team providing outstanding first-line/second-line technical and business process support to our customers. You will also deliver training and support demonstrations across the UK - therefore mobility and a willingness to travel are essential.
We are a small enterprising and innovative company who supply and support market-leading software solutions. Our primary customers are universities who use our system for module evaluation We have an extensive range of software components, and integrate and interact with a range of third-party systems. With over 60 clients in the UK and Ireland, we are passionate about providing first class customer service and support. We expect our staff to rise to complex challenges in delivering outstanding service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing empathy-led first-line technical and business process support to customers, taking ownership and monitoring progress
- Analysing and producing answers to complex software challenges
- Liaising with colleagues and second-line support to produce optimal solutions
- Developing and implementing new business processes
- Producing detailed "how to" Support Team documentation
- Installing software and upgrades for customers
- Technical trouble-shooting of integrations including single sign-on
- Developing training materials, and delivering training
- Setting up scenarios and working through the software during conference calls, webinars and onsite presentations
We would prefer you to have the following skills and experience:
- A University degree in a computing discipline
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar software environment, with proven first-line experience of liaising with customers
- Demonstrable knowledge of databases (e.g. MySQL), and of SQL
- Strong business analysis skills, and enjoyment in solving technical challenges and troubleshooting
- Proven ability to work as part of a small team and independently
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- A self-starter who can take and act on own initiative, showing flexibility and adaptability
Experience of working within a University - for example an IT Support role or Registry systems role - would be a distinct advantage.
This is a home-based role (our staff are based across the UK) albeit with frequent travel required to an office in Perthshire during the induction phase; thereafter the whole team usually meet quarterly in person. We will provide you with training, both in-house and through our parent company who develop the software and provide second-line support. However, you should also have the drive to learn independently and the initiative to test scenarios through the software
- £25,000 - 40,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Holiday and pension benefits
- Initial induction at an office in perthshire, after that 5 days working from home
- The right to work in the UK - no sponsorship can be given
For more information about the role, please apply.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.