Morgan Hunt have collaborated with a top 500 UK Law firm, operating on a global capacity. Proudly presented in the market with over 100 years' worth of experience, my client is seeking a Junior Legal Cashier to join their experienced and well supported team of Legal cashiers in Kent.
The Junior Legal Cashier will report directly into an experienced Legal Cashier Manager who has extensive experience in the firm's processes. Working closely with the Legal Cashier manager and other team members, the successful Junior Legal Cashier will be introduced to a broad range of responsibilities including daily reconciliation work, handling client postings and assisting with disbursements by ensuring they coincide with the SRA rules.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Junior Legal Cashier
- Ensuring that the company's payments and receipts are posted accurately in line with the SRA rules
- Undertaking both daily and monthly bank reconciliation duties
- Processing the firm's online bank payments for both office and client account
- Processing the company's client and office receipts in line with company policy and assisting with queries on a ad-hoc basis
- Paying disbursements in a timely manner to ensure they comply with the SRA Solicitor Accounts Rules
- Using the firm's Accounts Payable system to process the business' supplier invoices
- Paying creditors using both BACS or cheque facilities in line with the agreed payment terms
- Reconciling supplier statements and dealing with queries upon request
- Processing staff expenses and handling the reimbursement payments
- Maintaining supplier records on the company's internal finance system and ensuring all payments or postings are paid noted and paid out precisely
Desired experience of the Junior Legal Cashier
- A minimum of 2 years legal finance or professional services experience
- Prior knowledge of the Solicitor Accounts Rules
- Experience with handling accounting packages and internal processes
- Previous experience in using online banking systems
- A strong understanding of the VAT regulations
- A collaborative team player
- The ability to resolve queries in a timely manner with high levels of attention to detail and able to work with precision.
This role will not only offer the successful applicant the opportunity to work within a very well established legal cashiering team, with all training and development provided by a very good mentor but also the opportunity to learn every element of the cashiering function, enabling full exposure to both client and office cashiering, which is quite unique. If you are an entry level graduate or someone with some experience within the Legal Cashiering or Legal Finance and looking to further develop your skill set and grow with an already established law firm, then please reach out.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.