Morgan Hunt are working with the YMCA as we have a current opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor on a permanent basis. The position will be based in South Ealing.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. General Duties (all sites)
- Welcome all persons arriving at the building, providing information on services/ facilities available and pass enquiries on to other staff as appropriate.
- Ensure only those with authority gain access to the building by monitoring the entry to and exit from the building and ensuring contractors and visitors are signed in/out.
- Operate all the relevant IT systems being used (including but not limited to: Pyramid, Gladstone, Inform, parking control systems, etc).
- Operate the telephone switchboard for the site.
- Receive, sort, and distribute post and other deliveries.
- Follow cashing up procedure throughout the shift and do cashing up prior to shift ending.
- Liaise with bodies such as police and other emergency services on arrival at the centre as necessary.
- Responsible for logging of issuing and return of keys.
- Work with cross-departmental staff to provide a smooth-running front of house service.
- Manage the car park as per local arrangements. This may include recording registration number plates and taking payments.
- Ensure that all information displayed in reception is up to date, appropriate, well stocked and well presented (including posters and promotional leaflets).
2. Health and Safety Duties (all sites)
- Carry out routine checks of the main public and communal areas ensuring they are welcoming, clean, tidy and risk free (including all floors of the accommodation, health and wellbeing areas, catering facilities and offices as well as all external areas such as car parks and gardens - these should be carried out at a frequency in accordance with local guidance.
- Record any maintenance issues as they are being reported.
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained. Report all infringements relating to Health and Safety or Fire Regulations immediately or as soon as it is practicable.
- Be an appointed Fire Marshal and manage any emergency evacuations of the building and call for assistance from the emergency services where needed.
- Ensure that safeguarding processes and procedures are adhered to and to report any concerns.
- Where in place, monitor CCTV cameras throughout the shift.
- Accurately record all incidents witnessed and/ or responded to during the shift and prepare reports as required.
- Hold a current first aid qualification and act as appointed person whilst on shift.
- Accurately record all accidents and ensure that first aid is administered if required.
3. Housing Duties (sites with housing services)
- Contribute to the provision of a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) that provides high quality accommodation and housing support which respects individuals' lifestyle, experience and culture and is responsive to individuals' needs.
- Carry out the administrative tasks required when new residents arrive and vacate the hostel (including allocation and collection of room keys).
- Signpost residents to relevant members of staff as needed.
- Take and process rental payments on Pyramid.
- Where relevant, responsible for printing and distributing breakfast tickets to residents on a weekly basis.
- Work with the residents to keep the premises safe and anti-social behaviours are kept to a minimum.
- Respond appropriately to incidents of anti-social behaviour, applying current policies, procedures, and legislation.
4. Community Services Duties (sites with H&WB and/or Children, Youth & Families services)
- Booking classes for the Health & Wellbeing members on the system and take payments.
- Maintain accurate receipting and accounting of all monies and credit transactions taken whilst on duty by processing bookings and payment transactions for the Centre including (but not limited to) membership, classes, fitness, sports and childcare activities
- Respond to customers and members of the public enquiring about centre services, including (but not limited to) gym membership, sports activities, events, functions, child and young people activities, provide them with rates and show them the centre facilities.
- Respond to queries, suggestions and complaints from customers and members of the public following organisation process, referring to a manager as necessary.
- Inform sales/membership team of any membership queries that require follow up including any walk-in enquiries that require following up the next day.
- Set up/take down for facilities hire for bookings and events.
- Assist with the opening of any services on site (e.g., restaurant or gym) as and when required.
- Seek feedback from members and customers and ensuring we deliver excellent Customer Care within the guidelines and mission of the YMCA.
5. General - All Staff
- Able to proficiently use IT systems, including working with databases, Microsoft office, email, internet
- Attend all relevant training and development programmes.
- Attend all relevant cross departmental, and Corporate Office meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by line manager.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.