Location: Head Office Islington
Salary: £21,500 - £23,500 per anum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full-time, 9am to 5pm)
Contract: 3 month FTC
Main Purpose of Job
To play an integral part in ensuring the Head Office runs smoothly for all services and staff and is maintained to a high standard. You will assist with other admin duties, which include health & safety, office administration, and security at our Head Office.
Reception Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries in a welcoming and friendly manner, handling general enquiries from agencies, service users, and vulnerable service users
- Manage the [email protected] email account, forward emails in a timely manner.
- Ensure telephone and email queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently, and relay messages to staff accurately.
- Manage the switchboard voicemail service for holidays or change in operating hours, and report problems to the service provider and Business Support Manager.
- Act as an information hub for the organisation and respond to questions, issues or urgent situations that arise for staff and clients.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, ensure incoming mail is date stamped and logged if relevant.
- Manage taxi and courier services, and arrange parking spaces
- Manage meeting room bookings for Head Office, liaise with building management.
- Issue ID badges to new staff and arrange building access cards.
- Manage donation offers and co-ordinate posting donation information on the intranet with Fundraising team.
- Issue on call manager and other notifications to all staff, on time and to schedule.
Health & Safety, Facilities and Security, Team Administration
- Assist in organising events, End of Year and Away Day with the Business Support Team.
- Provide administrative support to the Business Support Team when required.
- Maintain adequate supplies for printer paper, cleaning materials, stationery and other office supplies.
- Carry out health and safety inductions at Head Office for new staff, ensuring all staff are aware of the emergency escape procedure.
- Maintain signing in book for staff, ensuring it is kept up to date.
- To act as a designated Fire Marshal and First Aider for the organisation.
- Liaise with staff to keep the office tidy and emergency escape areas free of obstruction
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience of providing administration support and/or working as a Receptionist within a similar busy office environment (domestic violence awareness an advantage).
- Experience of handling general health and safety tasks in an office environment.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with effective interpersonal and group work skills
- A good understanding of confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- To have good working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office applications, and general office equipment such as photocopier etc.
- Able to handle phone calls and enquiries in a sensitive and thoughtful manner
- Good organisational and ICT skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.