Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, worked on a rota basis, including evenings, weekends and public holidays or generally worked within office hours, Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work. Salary of £20,592 per anum.
Undertake full role of Lifeguard, and ensure staff are performing their role / duties correctly; maintain standards both on and off pool. Ensure a high quality of service to our customers and the safety of pool users.
The Senior Lifeguard will occasionally stand in as Duty Manager, assuming some management responsibilities to assist with the running of the site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake duties of a Lifeguard including poolside duties, cleaning, site checks, pool tests, etc.
- Oversight, management and organisation of Lifeguards, ensuring rotations take place, poolside and off-pool duties are undertaken.
- Lead by example and assist in monitoring performance of all staff. Maintain good communications with staff on a regular and formal basis ensuring that policies are understood and performance targets are achieved.
- Provide leadership to staff, ensuring clarity of direction, effective communication and personal and professional development. Positively recognise and effectively utilise the skills which individuals bring to the staff team.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels at the pool at all times and inform the Management team of any staffing problems. Assist in planning and managing rotas, ensuring staff cover, and absence for sickness and annual leave.
- Have good communication between the Duty Manager and pool staff, reporting any difficulties or issue instructions/guidance as necessary.
- Assist in the recruitment and induction of staff.
- Assist in completion and timely submission of all HR paperwork, such as Staff Changes, Starter and Leaver Forms, time sheets, etc.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.