Morgan Hunt are working to find a Children's Services Coordinator on a permanent basis working with the YMCA St Pauls Group! Please see information below:
Responsible to: Children's Services Manager
Responsible for: Playworkers within the allocated service provision
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, generally worked From 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work
Work Location: YMCA Hawker, with occasional travel to YMCA South Ealing
To oversee and coordinate the day to day running of all out of school childcare provision within their area of work delivered by YMCA St Paul's Group. This includes playscheme services, recreational activities, birthday parties and Softplay.
Where not already provided, to assist the Children's Services Manager in the development of local services for children aged 12 and under.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support in the development and deliver strategic objectives and plans set out in the departmental strategy in relation to Children's Services.
- To oversee the supervision of playworkers, ensuring the smooth and safe running of the services, as well as compliance with and adherence to licencing laws, and other regulations.
- To effectively communicate progress and outcomes of our work to internal and external stakeholders.
- To support the Children's Services Manager in developing and expanding new childcare playschemes and recreational activities.
- To ensure that all fees are received, collated and forwarded to the finance department as and when required.
- To support in appropriate policies and procedures, ensuring that they are adequately communicated to the staff they supervise and service users.
- To deliver a programme of activity for under 5's within the local area.
- To manage and lead on holiday playscheme.
- To mange the Softplay based at the Hawker Centre
- To oversea the birthday parties delivered across the department.
- To be the main contact for Ofsted at the settings that they manager
- To ensure all risk assessments and procedures are undertaken and completed as and when required
- Under the direction of the Children's Services Manager, liaise regularly with the heads of schools where we deliver services
- Promote our services in and around the community to increase reach and attendance
- To support on the recruitment and induction of all direct reports.
- Provide line management, motivational leadership, and mentoring to the staff team, effective communication and personal and professional development.
- Conduct regular supervision meetings and Regular Work Reviews to help monitor staff performance; identify training needs where necessary.
- Holding regular team meetings to ensure good communication and best practice is disseminated, and encouraging a cohesive staff team who support one another's roles.
- Manage rotas, staff cover, and absence for sickness and annual leave.
- Oversee the completion and timely submission of all HR paperwork, such as Staff Changes, Starter and Leaver Forms.
- Positively recognise and effectively utilise the skills which individuals bring to the staff team.
- To support in the delivery of services when absences are identified.
- Be a key holder and provide operational support to the Centre in the absence of Duty Managers.
- When needed complete general gym/studio/reception duties including opening up/closing the Centre and helping on reception/cafe when busy.
- When needed support operations staff to undertake their duties and cover required breaks.
- Whilst on duty shift ensure all opening, change over and closing daily checklists are completed and that any faults are reported and where possible rectified appropriately.
- Make routine checks of the main public areas ensuring they are welcoming to customers, clean, tidy and risk free.
- Maintain accurate receipting and accounting of all monies and credit transactions taken whilst on duty by processing bookings and payment transactions for the Centre including (but not limited to) membership, classes, fitness, sports and childcare in accordance with Groups cash handling policy.
General - All Staff
- Able to proficiently use IT systems, including working with databases, Microsoft office, email, internet
- Attend all relevant training and development programmes.
- Attend all relevant cross departmental, and Corporate Office meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by line manager.
Scope and Limits of Authority
- Deputise for other CYF Coordinators within YMCA SPG as and when required.
- The post holder is able to determine day-to-day priorities of the services they oversee under the direction of the Early Years and Childcare Manager.
- Undertake all duties with regard to the Association's Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and other policies and procedures adopted by the Association.
- Respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
- The post holder will have the authority to purchase equipment, sign off invoices, and approve timesheets.
If this sounds like the role for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply today!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.