CARETAKER NEEDED! (12 MONTH CONTRACT)
Reporting to the Centre Services Manager, the Caretaker is responsible for ensuring a clean, safe and welcoming environment for service users, staff and visitors to the centre, as well as general cleaning, maintenance and repairs on a day-to-day basis, in accordance with the White House cyclical maintenance plan and checks, whilst minimising the need for external contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Housekeeping and Cleaning
- Unlocking the centre and ensuring that all rooms in the centre are in a safe and clean environment for visitors and staff to ensure the smooth running of the centre.
- Undertaking a range of cleaning tasks to ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained across all areas of the centre, and completing the daily cleaning checklist. This will include the daily cleaning and dusting of all communal areas such as toilets, corridors, stairways, halls and kitchen areas. Replacing any toilet rolls and soap as needed.
- Ensuring all cleaning chemicals are used and handled in accordance with CoSHH standards
- Setting up the various rooms in use by various hirers and groups, making sure that each room is hoovered, bins are emptied and furniture is cleaned and set out as required in time for their booking.
- Carrying out ad-hoc maintenance and small repair jobs such as painting and decorating of rooms, plumbing, changing light bulbs and clearing drains and guttering.
- Undertaking heavy cleaning duties such as high level cleaning, and dusting; and clearing rubbish and leaves from flat roof areas, and gutters.
- Undertaking regular checks of the building (internal and external) including water temperature checks, fire escape routes, weekly fire safety checks, and other health and safety checks
- Assisting with the general maintenance of the garden areas including cutting the grass, trimming hedges and watering if necessary
- Assisting with cleaning and weeding all outside hard surface areas
- Clearing all litter from the surrounding grounds on a daily basis
This role is based in the Hampton area for 20 hours per week. If you would be interested in this role please get in contact to apply with an updated copy of your CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.