Head of Finance
Location: London (East London)
Contract: Permanent; Full-time, 36 hours per week
Salary: £55,432 - £60,4000 per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 19th October 2021
Morgan Hunt are delighted to be supporting a large College group based in London (East London) to appoint a Head of Finance.
The College group has an annual income of £30m , has over 10,000 enrolments to its programmes and is assessed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) as having an "Outstanding" financial health grading.
About the role
The Head of Finance will be responsible for managing the provision of an effective and efficient Finance business partnering service to support the vision and mission of the College.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Head of Finance will deliver key projects and lead Financial system developments to improve service levels within the team.
- Deputise as required for the Chief Finance Officer with regards to financial matters.
- Part of the leadership and management team within the Finance and Information Services Directorate.
- Provide distributed leadership to the finance team in accordance with college policies and procedures.
- Ensure a robust finance business partnering model is implemented which meets the needs of the organisation.
- Manage the preparation of the college's annual budget revenue and capital presentation to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Manage the preparation of the college's three-year budget revenue and capital for presentation to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts for presentation to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Prepare investment appraisals for capital investment programme for Chief Finance Officer and the senior leadership team.
- Prepare post completion analysis of financial performance of major capital projects.
- Manage and complete the year-end financial accounts for presentation to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Ensure that quarterly VAT returns are submitted on a timely basis and that all other tax returns and taxation matters are dealt with effectively and in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all college financial applications.
- Be the main contact point for internal and external auditors.
Qualifications & Experience
- CCAB Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW or equivalent).
- Senior leadership and management experience, within a further education setting in the UK.
- Demonstrable experience of budget setting, forecasting, budget management and control within a Further Education environment.
- Previous experience of project management and of introducing new finance processes together with experience of leading change management.
- Experience of compiling reports for senior management / Governing Body and making recommendations.
- Experience of introducing a new finance system within a medium sized organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of the FE landscape including current issues and future trends impacting on FE.
- Ability to manage projects, plan and juggle multiple priorities.
If you have the required skills and experience and would be interested in this opportunity, apply below.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.