Senior Finance Officer
Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Angel, London with remote working
£32,000 - £33,000 per annum
I have partnered with a not-for-profit organisation who are currently going through an exciting period of growth within their Finance team. My client are currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Officer (working at Assistant Management Accountant level) to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. You will be required to attend their office in Angel (London) at least once a week. However, should the organisation require you to, you will be required to attend their offices more than once a week for in person meetings etc.
Some of your duties and responsibilities as a Senior Finance Officer will include:
- Maintain all ledgers ensuring accurate records are kept
- Make all payments in accordance with the Financial Procedures
- Resolve queries around finance, budgets, payroll and other relevant areas
- Keep the Finance E-Mail inbox up to date and respond timely to queries
- Carry out all day-to-day banking
- Reconcile financial records to other database systems.
- Ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters
- Process invoices and other requests for payment on a timely basis
- Oversee the financial record keeping, both soft and hard copy
- Reconcile the purchase ledger with supplier statements, ensuring that all differences are fully investigated and resolved, and that overdue payments are followed up.
- Review the Aged Creditors report prior to the month end creditors reconciliation and resolve any issues
- Resolve complex payments queries
- Liaise with the landlord and colleagues to ensure that billed service charges are within the terms of our lease and annual leaseholder budgets.
- Ensure that bank records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner, and that income received is banked promptly.
- Liaise with the Fund raising and Data teams to ensure income received as cash, cheques, or via third party providers is correctly broken down and coded to provide timely and accurate postings to Sage accounts.
- Review the payees on the online banking are reviewed on a regular basis for accuracy, updating account details in accordance with our procedures and removing payees that are no longer relevant.
- Resolve complex income or payments queries
- Maintain balance sheet records in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare the fixed asset schedule on a monthly basis and maintain the asset register.
- Work with colleagues to carry out an annual reconciliation of IT equipment
- Prepare, maintain and post the monthly prepayments, accruals and other schedules.
- Reconcile the payments held with events on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and distribute expenditure transaction reports to budget holders on a monthly basis and to investigate and resolve transactional queries.
- Be responsible for the completion of the monthly checklist
- Prepare the monthly payroll for the payroll bureau within deadlines.
- Maintain accurate records of salary payments, deductions and HMRC liabilities
- Ensure payment of salaries and wages, HMRC and other liabilities
- Liaise with the payroll bureau to resolve payroll queries
- Reconcile the payroll and pension records with payroll bureau reports and Royal London pension records monthly
- Prepare the monthly bank and creditor reconciliations for the Finance Manager to complete and authorise, ensuring that copies of all documents are in the file.
- Support the monthly Sage/NTX income reconciliation, liaising with Fund raising and the Data Manager to resolve queries.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual audit files, ensuring that all supporting documents are included.
- Oversee the upload of documents to the auditor's online platform (Inflo), raising queries and resolving issues
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Previously worked for a not-for-profit organisation or within the Public sector
- Knowledge of financial procedures and processes and familiarity with the use of management information systems for financial management
- Proven experience and understanding of recording accounting transactions and maintaining accounting records
- Good working knowledge of and previously used accounting packages
- Previously used Sage accounts system (desirable)
- Knowledge of financial reporting and analysis (desirable)
- Strong IT skills, with a good working knowledge of Office 365, and experience of using Excel to at least intermediate level
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate
- Work supportively and effectively within and across teams and build good working relationships
- Keen eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- A systematic and organised approach
- Ability and willingness to work independently and under minimal supervision
- Ability to proactively identify solutions to problems and improve efficiency (desirable)
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.