Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
Morgan Hunt are working with the YMCA to recruit a Progression Coach on a permanent basis.
The primary role of the Progression Coach is to ensure that all clients within their services progress with all Progression activities (which include Education, Training, Employment and Volunteering (ETEV) and Engagement and Empowerment) and participate in Health and Wellbeing activities.
YMCA St Paul's Group (SPG) is the largest YMCA in Europe and a leading provider of supported housing in London and beyond, providing a safe place to stay to about 1,200 young and vulnerable people each night.
- We provide housing and support to those in need of a place to call home and support them with services that empower them to build a positive future.
- We support children, young people, and families to be safe, healthy, connected and confident.
- We bring people together by encouraging them to be healthy, physically, and mentally.
- We help nurture an environment where people of all faiths and none can understand and express the love of God.
Our approach is informed by our Christian faith and we work with fellow community collaborators to see this vision realised. Our core values underpin the way that we deliver our work, and our aim is to create an inclusive culture where our staff, residents and customers feel a sense of belonging and are able to be their authentic selves.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and delivering Progression (ETEV and Engagement and Empowerment) activities, including regular Progression events.
- Work synchronously with Housing and Support Officers to assess and address all areas of development identified using a client-led Homelessness Outcome Star supporting planning approach, aiming to create stability and structure for our clients.
- Delivery of Progression events will include logistical planning, risk assessments and responsibility of communication of Progression events, as delegated.
- Respond promptly where barriers to learning are identified by carrying out proactive intervention strategies referring clients to relevant support where required and monitoring their progress and altering actions to ensure success.
- Responsible for working directly with all Housing, Care and Support clients and residents, all levels of YMCA SPG staff and other agencies/partners, voluntary organisations, and statutory government department representatives as appropriate and as delegated.
- Responsible for developing and supporting a partnership approach with partner organisations in the public, private and voluntary sector, which supports the delivery of efficient, effective Progression opportunities.
- To work with the wider Housing service in support of the delivery Progression priorities (ETEV and Engagement and Empowerment) including attending out of hours meetings and responding to difficult local situations as needed.
- Meeting and exceeding any local key performance indicators or contractual obligations relating to the delivery of Progression activities within Housing, Care and Support services.
Finance and Budgetary Management
- To have delegated responsibility for spending against local Progression budgets, as delegated.
- Maintain accurate financial and performance records and produce reports as and when required by management.
- Provide information and feedback to the Manager to prepare for annual budget setting or any financial reforecasting or planning.
- Identify alternative sources of funding for new pieces of work, working with the Communication and Fundraising team where appropriate.
General - All Staff
- Able to proficiently use IT systems, including working with databases, Microsoft office, email, internet
- Attend all relevant training and development programmes.
- Attend all relevant cross departmental, and Corporate Office meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by line manager.
£27,060 per annum
Hours of Work
40 hours per week, generally Monday to Friday, however working with flexibility to meet the needs of our clients with occasional evening and weekend work
Commencing at 25 days per annum plus public holidays (for five days per week workers; otherwise pro-rata).
Subject to satisfactory review, the contract will be confirmed after six months unless stated otherwise.
One week during the probationary period and then a minimum of one calendar month.
Subject to certain criteria set by Government, you will be auto-enrolled into our chosen workplace pension scheme. The default position on Auto-Enrolment will be for your contributions to be made on a Salary Exchange basis, but you will have the option to opt-out of this arrangement.
Free use of the Health and Fitness facilities and a staff discount in restaurants.
If this sound like the perfect role for you, please apply today!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.