We have a current opportunity for a H&S Advisor on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Herts. For further information about this position please apply.
* Establish and maintain a schedule of all applicable Statutory Compliance and Building Regulation obligations for the Estate across all locations; conduct regular audits to provide assurance that building compliance is being adequately managed.
* Advise, support and recommend to senior managers to ensure the health and safety management system properly reflects continued compliance with: legislation and regulatory requirements; and improvements in best practice in the key industry sections in which the College trains.
* Advise the organisation of changes in health and safety legislation and guidance that could necessitate change in College policies and procedures.
* Monitor and report as required by senior management on the College's compliance with statutory obligations with regard to health and safety.
* Arrange and undertake an annual programme of health and safety audits of all departments and areas of the College. Reporting on mattersrequiring remedial action to ensure practical and cost-effective solutions.
* Support other Departments and the Estates team in ensuring activities comply with all College Policies on health, safety, environmental, and CDM (2015) regulations for maintenance, minor works, and capital projects.
* Conduct quarterly H&S Audits across the 3 campuses and provide findings together with an Action plan to the Director of Estates. To then follow up the Action Plan with other site staff and report progress by means of a written-out report to the Director of Estates
* To provide monthly progress reports to the line manager
* Working with senior manager's as required, to plan health and safety training of all staff in the College, and to contribute to the delivery as appropriate.
* Develop and review on an annual basis, the College's health and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance (as a minimum) and best practice (where possible).
* Liaise with external regulatory bodies on behalf of the College.
* Provide advice and guidance to curriculum managers to ensure they meet any relevant safety working practices and legislative requirements
* Organise and supervise the provision of a comprehensive first-aid service for the College. Provide regular training updates to first aiders.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.