Morgan Hunt are delighted to be working with an FE College in Essex, offering a fantastic opportunity to become their new ALS Manager.
Reporting into the Assistant Principal, you will be expected to lead and manage the allocation, co-ordination of additional learning support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
Key Responsibilities of the ALS Manager:
* To lead and manage the planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality learning support
* Identify additional learning needs through personal and comprehensive assessment of students
* Promote and facilitate awareness of additional learning support throughout the College
* To work with curriculum staff and managers to ensure that individual student needs are met by understanding individual learning needs
* Monitor and evaluate all the activities of the ALS service using agreed quality procedure
* Develop and embed quality standards and service level agreements for the additional learning support teams
* Lead and manage the timetabling for the area to fully utilise the rooms and facilities
* Regularly review policies and procedures so that the College complies with legislative (SEN Code of Practice) and audit requirements
The ideal ALS Manager will have:
* Relevant Teaching Qualification
* Experience and understanding of the issues related to Additional Learning Support
* Demonstrate experience of managing and motivating teams
* Experience of managing or coordinating the delivery of additional learning support at cross college level
* Knowledge of key current curriculum developments within FE
* Understanding of issues relating to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
If you feel you have the skills and experience to thrive in this fast-paced and rewarding role, then please get in touch.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.