Morgan Hunt are pleased to be working in association with an FE College in London to recruit an Interim ALS Manager.
You will be expected to support the Director by managing the provision within a curriculum area, including all related courses.
The post holder must have knowledge and understanding of supporting learners to develop employability skills via real working environments/supported internships. They must also have full understanding of ESFA funding methodology in relation to Inclusive Learning including High Needs Funded Students and understanding of how to provide and plan of support for learners with Learning Difficulty or Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
Main responsibilities of the ALS Manager:
* Assist the Director in the development of strategic curriculum planning for the area including the setting and achievement of curriculum area targets and key objectives.
* To lead on the development and delivery of new activity in line with strategic priorities, for example the change of new programmes, products and services, to increase revenue of the College within a curriculum area.
* To ensure that Quality Assurance procedures and systems including course reviews, EHCP reviews, action plans, internal and external verification procedures and validation procedures are effectively implemented within the area of responsibility.
* Ensure that all provision (including English/Maths/Functional skills/tutorials and enrichment) is effectively delivered within the curriculum area in line with College policy and expectation.
* Prepare reports and attend meetings as appropriate for College committees and other internal and external meetings.
Qualifications and Experience required for the ALS Manager:
* A Teaching qualification is such as B Ed, PGCE, Cert. Ed.
* Experience and proven success in providing learning support to students with learning difficulties.
* Experience and flexibility in providing a range of support needs, including 1:1, in class and group support, and ability to differentiate to these different support modes.
* Level 2 English & Mathematics qualification.
* Experience of delivering and assessing Foundation Learning programmes at levels from Entry - Level 2 or Supported Internships
* Evidence of successful curriculum development and implementation, with an emphasis upon an inclusive curriculum with active participation in the college community.
If you are passionate and excited to make an impact on the quality of Further Education, please contact the Morgan Hunt Leadership team
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.