Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
Morgan Hunt is delighted to be working with East Sussex College Group to help employ an experienced Carpentry or Joinery professional for their Carpentry & Joinery Assessor role. If you're looking for a permanent position, don't hesitate to get in touch.
The roles are open to professionals with teaching experience but also those wishing to get into education to help develop and nurture the next generation of construction professionals.
The Carpentry & Joinery Assessor will be responsible for:
- Conduct assessment needs of learners including fully preparing learners for End Point Assessment
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with employers and learners that promotes the timely achievement of learner's qualifications and programmes within the agreed timescale.
- Work closely with employers, managers, and curriculum staff where applicable to ensure timely completion and achievement
- Establishing of a safe working environment for any potential learner at an employer site and thereafter carry out monitoring of the learner's workplace that ensures a continued safe learning environment.
- Compliance with ESFA and other authorities with respect to the accurate and full completion of learner start, review and completion paperwork and any policies and procedures associated with teaching, learning and assessment.
- Plan, manage & organise a caseload of learners.
The Carpentry & Joinery Assessor will need to have:
- Hold a TAQA Assessors qualification or equivalent i.e. A1/D32/D33
- Hold a TAQA IQA qualification or equivalent (desirable) i.e. V1
- Have relevant work-based assessment experience in Carpentry or Construction
- Have experience working on a 1-2-1 basis or small groups
- Be willing to travel both local and out of area
- Experience of working to challenging deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Possess excellent IT skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems and e-portfolio platforms
If you feel you'd be great for Carpentry & Joinery Assessor this role based in East Sussex, apply and send over a CV today.
If you know someone who would be perfect for this role you can win £150 in vouchers if your referral is successful.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.