We have a current opportunity for a Career Guidance Advisor on a temporary basis. The position will be based in East London working for an established further education college graded ofstead good. For further information about this position please apply.
College Careers Guidance Advisor - FE College, East London
Interviews for the role are likely to take place on Friday 30th July 2021.
Role: Career Guidance Advisor
Duration: 5 weeks
From: Wednesday 11th August 2021 to 4th September 2021
Mode: Monday to Friday plus 1 Saturday which will be 4th September 2021.
1. Provide high quality, impartial one-to-one and group information, advice and guidance and provide key feedback through action plans and target setting.
2. Support the Careers Leader by coordinating activities that aligns with the meeting the
8 Gatsby Benchmarks and use the Compass Evaluation Tool and Tracker to measure impact and performance.
3. Liaise with the National Careers Service and coordinate activities that improves the
College's capacity to deliver high quality, information, advice and guidance.
4. Deliver workshops to improve the softer skills outcomes and employability skills of learners and record interventions on College systems.
5. Coordinate cross-college careers events that raises aspirations of learners.
6. Review the impact of careers within learning areas and coordinate activities to improve internal progression and learner's progression onto positive external destinations.
7. Improve the design and intent of the College careers programme, the Create Your Future online package and the tutorial framework that allow leaners to develop their skills and understand to progress onto positive destinations.
8. To undertake bespoke careers interventions with learners identified as at risk, classified vulnerable or with no onward progression.
9. Coordinate the business operations in the lead up to achieving quality standards such as the matrix Standard and ensure clear action plan to address gaps.
10. Use expert knowledge of careers information and labour market information and intelligence to enable learners to identify, access, interpret and utilise valid and current information that is relevant to them, including the appropriate use of information technology.
11. Contribute to the development of department self-assessment reviews and quality improvement plans.
12. To support activities promoting the College to our community, schools and other external agencies;
13. To provide signposting when required to specialist agencies about a range of issues such as education, employment and training, welfare, counselling etc.
14. To take responsibility for one's own professional development and participate in relevant internal and external activities
15. Any other reasonable tasks that commensurate with the role.
To be considered for this role, you must hold a valid enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months or be registered with the DBS update service. If you do not hold a valid DBS, you will be required to have one processed (Morgan Hunt do not cover the cost for this) to work in a FE College.
If you are passionate about Further Education and Training wanting to promote learner success as well as looking for a new position please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.