ROLE STARTING IN SEPTEMBER
Morgan Hunt are working with a fantastic college in the East London area, together, we are seeking to appoint a talented, highly motivated, and enthusiastic Functional Skills Lecturer to join them in September.
Job Title: Functional Skills Lecturer - English and Maths
Location: East London
Length of contract: Temporary - on going
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not shown in order of priority or frequency, nor is the list comprehensive, but rather an indication of the type and level of duties expected of the post.
1 Mathematics/English / ESOL Functional skills/GCSE / Skills for life qualifications to a range of classes across the college, learning centres and workplaces as required.
2 Play an active part within the Maths and English delivery team which includes:
- Developing standard schemes of work and lesson plans as appropriate
- Disseminating exemplar teaching, learning and assessment materials
- Participate in internal verification for Entry Level Functional Skills Mathematics
- and English, Speaking, Listening &Communication at Level 1/Level 2 and
- ESOL qualifications
- Advising and supporting vocational staff to embed and contextualise
- development of learners Mathematics and English skills within their vocational
- Contributing to regular staff development sessions as appropriate
- Contributing to an annual self-assessment and improvement plan for the
- subject area
4 Act as tutor to Mathematics, ESOL and English Functional Skills / GCSE / Skills for Life learners, where relevant and as required.
5 Participate in course team meetings, curriculum planning and materials development as appropriate.
6 Assist with marketing and publicity of all courses within the Department as required.
7 Attend parent, career and other evenings as appropriate.
8 Act as mentor to new members of staff / PGCE Students and give support to other new team members as appropriate
9 Liaise with schools, moderators, verifiers, assessors, industrial bodies and employers as appropriate.
10 Carry out general duties attached to the post on the College premises.
11 Teach at any of the College's premises and/or at employers or partners premises as required
12 Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade as required by the Director of English and Mathematics and the Subject lead for adult maths and English
13 Support and assist other College Course Directors and Work Based Learning Coordinators with the organisation and management of the College's Maths and English provision.
Skills and experience:
- A Certificate in Education, PGCE or other higher teaching qualification would be required.
- Significant experience of teaching Functional Skills and/or GCSE (mathematics and English) Good or better 'Teaching, Learning and Assessment' grades.
- Experience of working with young people
- Knowledge of, and the ability to teach Mathematics and English from Entry level to Level 2 / GCSE Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to teach practical and theory.
- Knowledge and ability to teach to AS level would be an advantage
If you are interested in working in the Functional skills lecturing field in the East London area, please apply to this advert with a CV today and a consultant will contact you!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.