Morgan Hunt are delighted to be working with an FE College in Essex, offering a fantastic opportunity to become their new Head of Construction and Building Services.
Reporting into the Assistant Principal, you will be expected to deliver outstanding leadership and management across the department and drive high quality teaching and learning within the Construction and Building Services department.
You will have a focus on the strategic growth, operational development and continuous improvement of designated department.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Construction and Building Services:
* Plan, lead and have curriculum development responsibility for the curriculum areas
* Responsibility for the overall curriculum management of the team, leading the development of people and teams
* Oversee the operational management and leadership of learner recruitment, the total learner experience, successful achievement of outcomes and progression of learners.
* Develop excellence in teaching, learning and assessments through high performing teams.
* Promote a culture of quality improvement embedding quality assurance systems consistent with college quality standards.
* Lead and manage the development of the curriculum and its resources to ensure it keeps abreast of industry needs and requirements.
* Work collaboratively with the college business service areas to provide a high-quality learner experience.
* Implement and monitor effective one to one and tutorial programme
* This post carries a teaching commitment of 4 hours per week
The ideal Head of Construction and Building Services will have:
* Relevant Teaching Qualification
* Significant leadership within a Construction department in the education sector
* Experience of managing complex budgets
* Proven success of developing relationships with employers
* Understanding of Education and Training in London
* Proven Staff development and change management skills
* Experience of liaising with awarding bodies
* Demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding and prevent and equality of opportunity
Salary: £48,000 - £60,000
If you feel you have the skills and experience to thrive in this fast-paced and rewarding role, then please get in touch.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.