Morgan Hunt are working closely with a London based FE College to support with the recruitment of an Interim Head of Supported Learning.
Reporting into the Vice Principal, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and management across the supported learning department, ensuring that all learners have a high-quality learning experience.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Supported Learning:
* Responsible for the staff and operational management of all teaching, training and learning
* Provide outstanding tailored programmes that meet individual learners' educational and support needs
* Lead the co-ordination of specialist support including speech and language development, behaviour management, occupational therapy and physiotherapy.
* Manage arrangements and systems for recognising and recording learners' progress and achievements and contributing to EHCP reviews
* Ensure appropriate and effective arrangements for safeguarding learners
* Participate in the strategic development of a responsive and innovative curriculum, ensuring a mix that meets community demands for high needs provision within funding and income constraints.
* Ensure that essential planning documentation such as EHCP support plans, schemes of work, assessment plans, group profiles and lesson plans are well prepared
* Work with Curriculum Managers and Head of Quality to ensure continual improving standards of teaching learning and assessment
* Deputise for the Vice Principal as necessary
The successful Head of Supported Learning will have:
* A relevant teaching qualification
* Proven track record of working and managing in an educational context for learners with high needs
* Experience of high needs curriculum and planning and design
* Comprehensive understanding of the current curriculum including a detailed understanding of Study Programmes
Interim and Permanent positions available
If you are passionate and excited to make an impact on the quality of Further Education, please contact the Morgan Hunt Leadership team
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.