Job Title: Hospitality Lecturer
Salary: £29,859 - £38,737 per annum
Terms and Conditions: 35 hours, Full Time, Permanent
Lewisham College is a large further education and training college in London and is proud of their reputation for producing knowledgeable, successful students with great employment potential. They offer an exciting range of work-focused courses, and provide a friendly learning environment where talent is recognised.
Lewisham College require a dedicated and qualified person to take on the role of Hospitality Lecturer in L1, L2 and L3 Culinary Skills. The Leisure department is a well-respected and positive place to work, where colleagues work effectively as a team to ensure all stakeholders get the best value from every aspect of the curriculum.
The main responsibilities and requirements of Hospitality Lecturer include;
- The delivery and assessment of high quality learning programmes in Culinary Skills, across a range of levels of further and higher education and training / or apprenticeship provision, as well as undertaking a range of programme leadership, tutorial and programme administration duties
- A strong background in Culinary Skills and proven experience of professional / vocational expertise in the Hospitality sector
- Qualified to honours degree level (Level 6) or qualified to the industry-recognised standard in a relevant field
- Hold a post-16 teaching qualification (i.e. PGCE or other UK-recognised teaching qualification)
- Hold english and maths qualifications at level 2, or be willing to achieve these within an agreed timeframe
- Experience of effective programme leadership in and / or Apprenticeships within further education and training
- Proven experience of successful teaching and assessment practice as a Hospitality Lecturer
- An ability to self-manage workload, meet deadlines alongside strong oral and written communication skills and good IT skills are also essential
The hours of work will be flexible and may include evening and weekends according to demand. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a well-motivated, cohesive and successful team.
As part of the NCG Group, this College offers an excellent benefits package, including generous holiday entitlement, access to the Teachers' pension scheme (for teaching posts) or Local Government pension scheme (non-teaching posts), company sick pay, a cycle to work scheme and much more.
NCG seeks to promote and maintain an equal, diverse and cohesive environment for work and study that assists all members of our communities to reach their full potential. We are dedicated to achieving a truly representative workforce and therefore welcome applications from across the national and regional communities that we work with and serve.
If you are interested in this role for a Hospitality Lecturer, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.