Morgan Hunt are working with a fantastic College in the East London area. We are looking for an engaging IT Lecturer who is passionate for teaching.
IT Lecturer role specifications:
Location: East London
Contract: on going
Pay: £23 per hour
Hours: Full time, Monday - Friday
Course: BTEC Level 3 RQF Spec
Units to be delivered:
- Unit 5 - Spreadsheet modelling
- Unit 4 -Programming
- Unit 12 - IT Technical Support
- Unit 14 - Cyber Security / IT Service delivery
The successful candidate for this IT Lecturing position will be required to:
- Teach Btec Level IT for the allocated number of hours as well as take part in subject meetings, departmental meetings and professional development
- Contribute to curriculum planning and act as a pastoral tutor to a group of students
- Monitor learner's progress and contribute to the evaluation and reporting of results in the relevant subject area
- Aim to make the subject interesting and accessible to a range of students with delivery and resources used
- Effective planning, administrative and organisational skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Be committed to professional self-development, through participation in training courses
- Undertake other duties as may be required in the interests of the efficient functioning of a FE College
We are looking to speak with an experienced IT Lecturer that has the following:
- A recognised teaching qualification e.g. DTLLS, PCET, PGCE or QCF Level 5 Diploma in Education
- Recent experience of teaching in the Further Education Sector
- The ability to engage different learners through a range of teaching resources
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Experience working within further education and training
To be considered for this role, you must hold a valid enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months or be registered with the DBS update service. If you do not hold a valid DBS, you will be required to have one processed (Morgan Hunt do not cover the cost for this) to work in a FE College.
If you are IT Lecturer who is looking for work in the East London area, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.