Job Title: Library Assistant
Location: East London
Hours: Full time
Length of contract: on going
Morgan Hunt are working with a fantastic college in the East London area, together, we are seeking to appoint a talented, highly motivated, and enthusiastic Library Assistant to join their Business Department on a temporary-ongoing basis.
Job Description for LRC Assistant (full-time, term-time)
- To support students in the use of ICT and other learning resources in a courteous and friendly manner.
- To provide assistance to students and staff using the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) including duties associated with obtaining, renewing and returning learning resources.
- To assist staff and students in the development and use of e-content on courses on the college virtual learning environment.
- To carry out a wide range of library and administrative duties, including the operating of booking systems, maintaining records, sorting and cataloguing learning resources, stock-taking and the preparation of display exhibitions.
- To assist and run student workshops to promote the general progress and well being of students.
- To maintain good order and discipline among students and to safeguard their health and safety.
- To cover the computer suite and workshop areas and keep services running in the absence of other staff.
- To organise and tidy learning resources areas, computer suites and workshop areas, technical and store rooms. To clean and carry out routine maintenance of equipment and to keep maintenance records.
- To set up and operate equipment and other resources as required and arranged.
- To participate in the preparation of learning resources within the college, and to attend meetings as required.
- To participate in the college appraisal scheme, and arrangements for further training and development.
- To lift and transport equipment and other materials as required.
- To apply and promote NewVIc's policies and procedures (e.g. health and safety, equal opportunities etc).
- To work flexibly according to the demands of the service and to perform such other duties, within the competence of the post holder, which may be required, reasonably, from time to time, including work outside of normal hours.
Essential to apply:
- Experience in delivering Business in a Further Education setting.
- A recognised teaching qualification or relevant recent industry experience. (DTLLS, PCET, PGCE or QCF Level 5 Diploma in Education A PTLLS or CTLLS teaching qualification)
- Excellent organisation, administration, and IT skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to engage, motivate and support mixed ability learners
To be considered for this role, you must hold a valid enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months or be registered with the DBS update service. If you do not hold a valid DBS, you will be required to have one processed (Morgan Hunt do not cover the cost for this) to work in a FE College.
If you are a Library Assistant looking for work in the East London area, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.