JOB TITLE / ROLE: Personal Care Assistant/Learning Support Assistant
LOCATION: Southgate Campus, High St, London N14 6BS
SALARY: £80 - £100 per day
A large special educational needs college based in Barnet and Southgate which caters for students aged between 16 to 25 years old with Autism, SLD and Complex Needs are looking for enthusiastic and resilient personal care assistants to join them ASAP. The successful personal care assistant will be required to provide general classroom support and may also be asked to work on a one to one basis or in small groups.
You will need:
- To be committed to providing support to learners with a range of needs, be flexible in your approach and be able to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, along with patience and enthusiasm
- Previous experience with SEND is a requirement
- Understanding and experience using Makaton, PECs and sensory approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Willingness to provide personal care support to students who are more vulnerable (such as wheelchair assistance, feeding etc.)
The college are also open to receiving applications from people who have previously worked as a support/care worker. This is a full time, long term role to start ASAP and will continue until the end of the next academic year (July 2023).
About the role:
- Personal Care Assistant - working with ASD, complex needs, SEMH
- Full and part time availability
- Ideal Candidate: Previous SEND experience is essential, Makaton and PECS experience - highly desirable but not essential, previous experience as a support worker/care worker
About the college:
- All through SEND support for students aged 14
- Warm friendly and supportive staff
- Ongoing training provided
- Well-resourced college with state-of-the-art facilities
If you are interested, then please click on the apply button.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.