Morgan Hunt are working with Barnet & Southgate College (based in North London) to recruit for a PMLD Lecturer. The successful candidate will teach students with disabilities and will be needed for an immediate start. The role is based on site at the College.
Barnet & Southgate College is a large further education and training college in North London with over 13,000 students, delivering more than 20 subjects across our four campuses. The diverse environment offers an excellent opportunity to meet a broader range of people and a larger college brings with it bigger and better facilities with state-of-the-art campuses.
The PMLD Lecturer will be responsible for:
- Delivering the full Further Education and Training specification in LLDD
- Planning and coordinating lessons and resources to enable learners to achieve their qualifications
- Quality delivery of interactive lessons to learners with clear lesson objectives
- Motivate and inspire learners using up-to-date teaching methodology
- Set and monitor regular homework in line with student abilities
- Keep in line with quality assurance (collect learner views, lesson observation, working through action plan)
- Ensure accurate completion of class registers at all times, stay on top of admin work and marking
- Any other duties as required by the College
The PMLD Lecturer will:
- Have substantial experience the Further Education and Training sector
- Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification
- Have previous experience working as a PMLD Lecturer and a successful record in retention and achievement
- Hold a Level 3 or above qualification in the subject area
- Hold GCSEs in both Maths and English, at grade A-C or equivalent
- Have a valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
In return the successful PMLD Lecturer role will receive:
- Free CPD training opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions within the College, at the first instance
- Progression opportunities
- Any other benefits offered by the College
If you are passionate in the delivery of high-quality teaching, match the above criteria, are looking for a new role and are based in and around North London, please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.